Mist woods

62 Likes

Great-looking image, aspect works well also :+1:

1 Like

Hi Wittydonut lovely work, just a tiny thing but I find the small crow in the centre a little overpowering as the branch seems to go in the background judging by the mist on the branch. I think if the “crow” was a little Toned down /misted out it wouldn’t draw your gaze quite so much thus allowing your gaze to wander a little more over this beautiful image.I hope you don’t mind my criticism but it’s such good work with such an easy fix I had to pipe up. Kind regards Danny.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I really like the composition…what I see is a light mist (not heavy or thick) that is slowly moving through the forest.
There are two more birds, top center and center right plus two deer on the river bank that are behind the mist. The bird on the lower branch which is clearer with more definition helps create depth of field, there’s also another bird in flight way in the background and maybe a wizard on the water, holding a staff with a glowing orb.
I think the lighting and composition capture the atmosphere beautifully.

When I was studying photography, creating a focal point, lighting, camera angle and horizon were key factors for a great image…also a focal point which is off center also creates interest.
If you were to go over-the-top with the mist effect you would lose subtle but essential detail that makes this an excellent image.

I’ve marked the area of focus…

1 Like

Thanks a lot!! Glad you felt It was worth it.

1 Like