Miter Box - accurate polymodelling toolset

What is Miter Box?

Miter Box is a toolset for accurate polymodelling. And freely available on github:

Features

• Align Edge
  • Align Face
14 Likes

What a discovery! Great tool for aligning edges and faces! :clap:
Thank you for this addon!

It works great in Blender 3.6, but in v.4 there is no visible interface. JohnKaz, can you fix it for v4?

1 Like

Additional GIFs from the WiKi page (I think it’s worth to post it here):
Align Edge:

Align Face:

5 Likes

Thanks Antony, really appreciate it :pray:

Currently I’m spending all my time on ConjureSDF for Blender as it’s almost ready to release to the public. But I do plan to update Miter Box and YouV to Blender 4.0+ around mid 2024 (if all goes well)

4 Likes

Regarding ConjureSDF. It’s VERY interesting project! I’ve discovered the topic recently (after Miter Box) , and think it’s 100% worth all your efforts! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the addon! I very much like it and wanted to see if something could be done, hope you don’t mind.

I have superficial python knowledge and just copied a fix from another addon with bgl problems so it might be a crude solution but it seems to be working in 4.0.2 (Hope it helps as a temporary measure)

JD_Miter_Box.zip (27.5 KB)

2 Likes

With your fix the addon works fine in Blender 4. Thank you so much! :clap:
Sometimes I’m just amazed at what a great community we have here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh that’s great, thank you! :pray:

The better fix would be to move all of the UI/drawing code to the gpu module, as bgl has been deprecated in newer versions.

That and other new features for MB are why I’m not revisiting it right away sadly.

1 Like

Hey there!
I’m trying to use this awesome tool with B 4.1, but only this happens in Align Edge mode:

Could You help me please what am i doing wrong? I installed the JD_Miter_Box.zip provided furianaki (i also tried the official 0.0.5 too)

Also, is there a way to remap the hotkeys for the Align Face section please?

Thank You for the help in advance :slight_smile:

Hmm, if this issue is only present in 4.1, I do not support that version currently.
It should work correctly on 3.3.x though.

I have plans to update Miter Box for 4.0+ with more features. But sadly all my focus is on ConjureSDF for the time being.

Ohh i see, so its for 3.3x only!
Luckly the Face Align works perfectly, really cool stuff :slight_smile:
Is there any chance to able to remap its hotkeys? Honestly I only want to remap the confirm feature, but would be also good to remap some other keys too.

Thank You for the info, and for the addon :slight_smile: