Modding Games: Merge bones of two imported objects?

Hi o/

I like to create mods for games. For one of them, I want to merge two objects into one. For example, a coat with another shirt from the same game. For that, I import the two models from .fbx files. The problem is, it creates two separate groups as you can see in the following picture:

Object 2 “n_root” has been renamed “n_root.001”. It’s quite easy to click and drag the parts from the second group to the first, and to rename them so that the game recognizes these parts as part of the first object. But I don’t know how to merge the bones, for example j_kosi from group 1 and 2.

Can you help me please? Thank you very much in advance for your attention :slight_smile:

The armatures have both the same bone names and hierarchy. So probably you can just “tell the <object 2> mesh objects to use the <object 1> armature”.

Select all the mesh object of <object 2>
In the Properties EditorModifiers tab, look at the Armature Deform modifier. That’s what link the armature to objects.

While holding down the ALT button, click the “object” entry, and select the <object 1> 's armature from the list. This will change the armature for all the selected objects.