Model eyebrow glitch

So I exported this model from a game called xenoverse 2.

Everything was going well but when I move the eyebrow which is it’s own mesh clips into the face

Im trying to make the weight paint on both meshes work together properly so it works as intended. I tried data transfer but it didnt work. I tried weight painting with different strengths but it’s still not following the mesh properly. It’s not following the eyebrow up.

Did I miss something? I don’t understand.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Trying to exactly weight paint an eyebrow mesh to match and move with the face mesh (especially if subdivision surfaces are involved) is never likely to end well.

Instead, try using a Shrinkwrap modifier to make it ‘stick’ to the surface and then Solidify to make it poke out.

I was fiddling with it today. I made some improvements. Some parts get pointy and squished but I figured if I put the heads weight in that area it should smooth it out but some parts still clip. I figured it could be fixed with a little bit of adjustment to the weights.

As for the modifier I was going to port this so modifiers wont exactly apply. So I have to do this manually. So to speak

Well, in that case, it may be easier to just directly model a bit of a bump/ridge on the face where the eyebrow is and then add the eyebrow as part of the face texture map.

that’s not going to work. If I put the eyebrow as a texture instead of a mesh it’ll look terrible.

Guess that depends on the use case and how close one views it. I think you maybe surprised how much animated features, etc are just a texture image with a normal map.

but im concerned that wont get me what I want it’d take away from the accuracy of the model. If im thinking correctly I did a similar technique to get a symbol that was once a mesh (for some reason) and put it on the shirt as part of the texture.

I doubt that technique will work for these eyebrows

Does anyone have any clues? Thought i’d bump this cause it got quiet