Modeling grout

hello

How can I do this image grout without using addons or nodes? really modeling?

thanks

I would imagine you could find a smaller reference image for grout that will fit inline

1 Like

You may just tell where this is fromā€¦ so someone may come up with some similar ideaā€¦

ā€¦or you just use booleans separate the front face, solidify and remesh them like soā€¦ ( using big gaps between some ā€œmore naturalā€ stones hereā€¦)

ā€¦or add some more detail with additional sculptingā€¦

1 Like

Take a look at thisā€¦

Is there any way to make mortar with liquid simulation or softbody?

Add a plane slightly set back like the @Okidoki example.
Use the knife tool to cut along the plane in the gaps between the bricks. Bevel all the cuts, 3 or 4 faces on the bevel. Extrude the bevel and give the plane a subdivision. Make the extruded part a vertex group and add a displacement modifier to give it more randomness. Add a Noise texture Bump in the shader to give it the small gritty detail.

What version are you using? The newer versions have Pressure in the Cloth Modifier

Softbody:
Lay the wall on its face. Add a plane just above the wall and subdivide it several times. Then subdivide a lots more times where the gaps will be between the bricks.
Add the softbody modifier & turn off goal. Hit play and walk around the planet while you wait for it to runā€¦
It is hard to get a nice looking result this wayā€¦

Have you tried Dynamic Paint? Sometimes it will do what you want, sometimes it will not. Looks good with the ā€˜sphere making wavesā€™ tutorials everyone makes, But waving a brick wall in the lake may or may not give good results.

Hi guys

actually I want to do the grout like this addon:

Wear Nā€™ Tear - Blender Market

without using geometry nodes .

Does anyone know how to do the same using normal modeling?

thanks

Would have been nice to know in your first post!
Sureā€¦Buy the add-on!

No add-ons and No-GN, ? Sure here is a step by stepā€¦

1. Start with a Cube, subdivide many times, or add a Muli-resolution Modifier 4-6 subdivisionsā€¦

2. Get a copy of this FREE Brush Packā€¦
    https://stylizedstation.gumroad.com/l/zMJlJ

3. Go to Sculpt Modeā€¦

4. Sculpt a wallā€¦

Watch this if you need any helpā€¦

and thisā€¦

2 Likes