Modelling tutorial, making the Fredericia Soborg chair with accuracy

Sorry to you all. I had to download my videos after being attacked by people accusing me of copying blender guru and his work. They didn’t even bother to watch the videos and understand the huge difference behind everything. I don’t have time to delete comments and explain myself so many times. So I had to withdraw. I hope I will find something useful to populate my channel with. Thanks to everyone who supported me so far.

2 Likes

Watched, Liked, and Subscribed!

Huge amounts of info there and great to see some tools being used that I’d totally forgotten about! Interesting that you poly modelled the chair legs, but SubD modelled the other seat parts, any reason for this?

This is also a great example of what can be achieved in 36mins! @Muso_John @marcatore

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope you like them.
The reason is that for modelling without subdivs one needs more geometry to achieve a smooth surface result. For the seat and the back which are curved surfaces it would be hard to control the surface with the faces needed to achieve a nice result. So, subD is needed here. The legs and the stretchers have only beveled parts and nothing more.

Video deleted.

1 Like

Thats sad. I was about to watch it to see what is useful. “Accuracy” while modeling being my interest here.

Dont lets the haters bother you. Just thank them for commenting, and making your video more popular. Point out that many others have done versions of the donut tutorial and others. Point out that almost all popular tutorial makers copy each other.
Make one comment and pin it - as the answer to the fan boys. Then ignore them. Its fun to point out how often the Guru makes errors. The comments under his videos have dozens of comments about his faults.

Blender Guru “Copying one other artist is artistic theft, copying 50 other artists is mastery”.
… or something like that. It is in one of his videos. :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

I’d really like to thank you. I will reconsider and probably upload the videos again. You right in everything.

1 Like

Please leave a note here if you do… :+1:t4:

1 Like
2 Likes