Modern Battleground Featuring the M1 Abrams and the A10 Thunderbolt

I’ve really wanted to make a render with both my M1 Abrams and my A10 Thunderbolt, but I never had a computer powerful enough for the results I wanted. Now I do and here it is!
Rendered in Blender 4.0 Cycles with 5000 samples.

8 Likes

Awesome results man, have you also checked out the noise threshold and denoiser? For still frames it can help you rendering the scene in high resolutions with 400 or 500 samples

1 Like

I didnt. Is that better? I just thought higher samples would give better results. I try not to use the denoiser much just because its seems to lose the details. I also wanted higher samples for the smoke simulation as I read that was better.

2 Likes

Sure man that’s very helpful especially when working in viewport, you are right that it can remove some details but you can also test and see the difference, I guess at a noise threshold number of 0.01 with 1000 samples or so in a foggy scene the details could be kept well but you can still test it. For animations I don’t use high noise threshold amount like 0.1 or above anymore as it causes flickering, I’ve experienced that setting even fixed low sample numbers like 200 or 300 gives better animation results than high noise threshold amount…

2 Likes

Good to know. I have read that it is something that you need to play with and is different from project to project. But being that this has a smoke simulation I didnt think it would hurt anything to set the sample amount at a high number. (I tried it at 1000 and didnt like the results. But i also didnt play with the threshold, so) something to keep in mind for next time. Thank you for the feedback. :grinning:

2 Likes

My pleasure friend

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like