Modernization of a historic tenement in Warsaw

Hi all,
I would like to share with you one of my latest projects. It’s a modernization of a historic tenement house in Warsaw. In the past, the embassy of Lithuania was located there.
The project assumes changing the function of the building from the diplomatic post in the museum.
All modelled in Blender 2.79 and rendered in Cycles.
C&C are welcome.
Best, paulina.

52 Likes

Interior renders looked nice, good job, if you excuse me i want to make a suggestion, i spotted some shap edges, if you bevel them just a little it will improve a little bit on that perfect cg look, also i think the lighting on the last render can be improved by playing with intensity and position of the sun or hdri you used. Also i do use 2.79 still, sometimes, it it cool. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you, sergio. I appreciate your opinion and I agree with it. I still have a problem with larger exterior scenes. In my experience, Cycles deals better with interiors, but it can also be a matter of my skills, because I can even see here on blender artists great visuals, so this is definitely something that I still need to practice.

1 Like

Great results as always!
I must also admit that your exteriors are lacking the “top” quality of your interiors, but I’m sure that is just a matter of time until you get there too.

One other thing is your curtain.
Both the mesh and the material make them look stiff and heavy.

Keep up the great work! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks SunBurn :wink:

i like it very much!

1 Like

I find them a bit overexposed.

1 Like

Amazing design and rendering as well.
All my concern was, too clean to exist in real life, maybe adding some dirt, blemishes, or other imperfections could contribute for more realistic effect.
Thank u for sharing this. Inspiring for me.

2 Likes

Blockquote Frey12Godfrey Tranquilino

Amazing design and rendering as well.
All my concern was, too clean to exist in real life, maybe adding some dirt, blemishes, or other imperfections could contribute for more realistic effect.
Thank u for sharing this. Inspiring for me. 2d Blockquote<

Thanks @Frey12. The concept of this project wass the modernization of a historic building so it was associated with the removal of all dirt and bringing the facade, floors, etc. to their original “glory”. I know well that small imperfections help to make render seem more photorealistic, but that was not the theme of this project :wink: Anyways, thanks for your comment :slight_smile:

Thank You @animelix

Hi @Acrivec - I find them a bit overexposed too :wink: but those files was made for printing and from my experience every picture must be a bit lighter for printing but I should have made all of them in internet version as well.

It’s a bit of an oldie, but you’re #featured! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Really good job ! This a very good visualisation descripting the project.

I’m architect and use Blender to render some scenes, but i’m interested on modelizing with Blender too (i actually use Sketchup).

Do you use some pluggins for architecture modelization?

Thx and gj again, i’m impressed

2 Likes

Blockquote bartvBart Veldhuizen
6h
It’s a bit of an oldie, but you’re #featured! :slight_smile:

Thanks @bartv - such a nice news :slight_smile:

1 Like

XhOMember

5h

Hi,

Really good job ! This a very good visualisation descripting the project.

I’m architect and use Blender to render some scenes, but i’m interested on modelizing with Blender too (i actually use Sketchup).

Do you use some pluggins for architecture modelization?

Thx and gj again, I’m impressed

Hi @XhO - thanks! I use few different tools to make an architectural concept - I often start from ArchiCad or SketchUp and than import base model to Blender where I make all visualizations.

1 Like

Stunning work man! Love those interiors. I feel the exteriors are a bit to bright or so. Perhaps the foliage looks to even, cant pin point it.

you dont read that much now bl 2.79 :wink:

Yeah makes sense, i believe many archvi people to this. Simply cause of the modeling speed. Get the base right and move over.

romboutMember
Stunning work man! Love those interiors. I feel the exteriors are a bit to bright or so. Perhaps the foliage looks to even, cant pin point it.

you dont read that much now bl 2.79 :wink:

Hi @rombout - thanks :slight_smile: I feel that I’m better in interiors. Exterior vis are something I need to work on. This was a project which I was making since 2018 so that’s why I was using Blender 2.79. But lately I switched to 2.8 and interface is awesome but I work in it only for a month or so.

romboutMember
Yeah makes sense, i believe many archvi people to this. Simply cause of the modeling speed. Get the base right and move over.

Yes! Archicad and Sketchup (or other software) help to mark some basic model. For me it’s easier to draw basic stuff in Archicad in proper scale. I always need to have technical drawing of my projects so Archicad gives me an opportunity to have both - drawings and basic model. But Blender is the best tool for visualizations for me. It gives quick and good result.

1 Like

Excellent work @paulina.
They only thing i would like to work on more is surface of the buildings. In real world even new building hasn’t got such smooth surface (yes I see you have used some dirt like textures on them but it is not enough). Also maybe adding some more details would help.

Ps there is this add-on which cleans your. Bmesh modelsfrom imports like su. Most of the the time the mesh tend to be quite horrible, this addons cleans it very nice