Modifier List 1.7.5

oh nice! I’ll definitively check that out. I have so many macro needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Modifier List 1.5.3

• Fixed “Surface” modifier appearing in modifier search and menu. It’s not meant to be seen by users.
2 Likes

Hi.

Blender 2.82a
Modifier List 1.5.3

I applied a Solidify and a Mirror modifier. Then, when I undo-ed them (ctrl + z twice), this error appeared:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Sebastien\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\modifier_list\modules\ui\properties_editor.py", line 25, in draw
    modifiers_ui(context, layout)
  File "C:\Users\Sebastien\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\modifier_list\modules\ui\modifiers_ui.py", line 727, in modifiers_ui
    active_mod = ob.modifiers[active_mod_index]
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[index]: index 1 out of range, size 1

Hi! An equivalent addon but for Constraints instead of Modifiers, or adding the feature into this same addon would be fantastic :heart_eyes:

Hey I found a bug where can I report it ?

@xan2622 Does that happen often? I can’t reproduce that. It’s nothing serious but of course it shouldn’t happen.

@AndyCuccaro Maybe I can add that in the future but currently it’s not possible because, for example, the “Disable and Keep Transform” operator doesn’t take any arguments which means that I can’t pass the active constraint to it. In the default layout, the operator somehow automatically knows which constraint it should use. Maybe I can propose a change to it.

@drumfish You can report it here.

1 Like

i was trying library overrides the other day and had to disable the addon to do a modifier override.
really love the functionality to have favorites and the vertex groups in the toolbar! fantastic addon

i tried it again and there is a error when trying to add a modifier to a linked object (not a override and that obviousely should not work but probably have a exception)

and when i add modifier as override i can not select the different modifiers. also applying a modifier does not work at the moment.
I do understand that overrides are experimental so just wanted to let you know the issues i encountered there.

here is the error i get when i try to add

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Repo\BlenderAddonDevelopment\development\src_28\addons_contrib\modifier_list\modules\operators\modifier_add.py", line 89, in invoke
    return self.execute(context)
  File "C:\Repo\BlenderAddonDevelopment\development\src_28\addons_contrib\modifier_list\modules\operators\modifier_add.py", line 34, in execute
    bpy.ops.object.modifier_add(override, type=self.modifier_type)
  File "C:\Blender\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 199, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), C_dict, kw, C_exec, C_undo)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.modifier_add.poll() failed, context is incorrect

Hi Symstract,

I’d like to ask for two features regarding the Favourite Modifiers list in the Preferences, if possible:

1. An option to sort the list alphabetically.
  2. A drag and drop option for the entries (swapping two entries).

In case this isn’t possible in the Preferences, these functions could also be added to the Modifier List panels in the Blender UI itself (and then reflected in the Modifier List Preferences).

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I am trying hard to reproduce the error (without success for the moment).

This possibility is planned: https://developer.blender.org/D7498https://developer.blender.org/T67893

2 Likes

Thanks. Looking forward to that, but in this case I meant the custom list of preset modifiers you can make in the Modifier List add-on preferences.

Thanks for your feedback. I haven’t taken linking and overrides into account at all, it didn’t occur to me. I’ll try to make this work with linked objects and overrides too.

Btw, in Blender 2.83 (and 2.90) applying modifiers in edit mode doesn’t currently work. It’ll be fixed in the next patch.

5 Likes
  1. This is easy.
  2. This is impossible. It would be great to have though.
2 Likes

Not sure if this is possible/ might be too perfy. But I had an idea about possibly linking modifiers when objects are instanced/got linked data Blocks.

So if you Instance an object however many times, the Mesh Data Block can be instanced, but the modifiers are unique per object yet. So then you have to manually update those again at some point.

It would be awesome if there could be a pref to somehow re-instance the modifiers automatically. Although not sure when to trigger it… Maybe some auto mode, or even just a button on the modifier panel to do it? Maybe the button can show a Green Circle if that object is instance/got shared Mesh Data Block, so you know if you can re-instance/copy the modifiers?

2 Likes

Great idea! Automatic solution doesn’t seem feasible but a button is certainly possible. The button can be hidden or greyed out when there’s no instances. I probably need to add a new popover where I can also add more stuff in the future.

1 Like

So… I’ve been claiming that I can’t use modifiers that have operators as is, that I need to copy the layouts and make changes. This turned out to be false. I found out I can use layout.context_pointer_set(“modifier”, active_modifier) to make operators work without any changes. So manual updating could have been avoided… Obviously I found this out just before modifier code is moving to C (which means manual work is needed in the future anyway)… But it’s still hepful.

This is also wrong. It is possible (layout.context_pointer_set(“constraint”, active_constraint)). I will create a constraint list in the future. Maybe for Grease Pencil modifiers too.

Btw, I wrote a simple batch script which allows me to see if there’s some changes to modifiers, so I know if I need to update the layouts. Helpful when they’ll be in C.

2 Likes

That’s awesome news! I was just wondering if it would be possible to extend this addon to work with other modifiers (like Grease Pencil, VSE strips, FCurves, NLA Tracks), but I suppose that other than GP’s the rest is a bit too much, no?

GP in my message meant Grease Pencil (I edited it now) so yes, that may come. I don’t know about the others yet.

1 Like

In the Addon Preferences, I have noticed that the Reverse list checkbox doesn’t really invert the order of modifiers in the list. From my tests, it just reverses the direction of the down arrow and up arrow buttons.

Could you please add another checkbox to Invert the order of modifiers (and maybe rename the Reverse list checkbox to Reverse arrow buttons) ?

Thank you in advance.

It should work. Did you restart Blender after enabling it? It requires that. That info seems to be missing from the manual actually, I need to add that. It’s in the tooltip though.

Modifier List 1.5.4

• Added support for linked objects and library overrides. Because of this, the minimum Blender version required is now 2.81.
  • All modifier layouts now update automatically (until they will move from Python to C in Blender, which is happening quite soon probably)
  • Fixed applying modifiers in edit mode not being possible in 2.83 and 2.90
7 Likes