Modifier List 1.7.5

I know you didn’t understand what I wrote, I never talked about everityng nodes :slight_smile:
I wrote “is it a complex thing to convert all this that was built, into native code for blender” …?

Thanks!

I’m not sure but I can’t make a patch because I don’t know C or Blender’s code or anything. I think the farthest this addon could lead to would be a UI proposal. Also, I don’t know how this would work with modifier nodes and it might be best to not make too many changes to the UI before them.

Thanks for the explanatory answer!
However if I am not mistaken it seems to me that almost all the blender UI is in python, perhaps there is no need to use C, but just to bring the code in the right place
Folder of blender > 2.80>scripts>startup>bl_ui/properties_data_modifier.py

1 Like

It’s not that simple. For example, to make the icon inside the modifier list (“Show in Edit Mode” and “Show on cage”) behave similary to how they behave in the regular UI, I had to re-implement that logic into this addon. Same thing for displaying disabled modifiers differently. And Warnings are completely missing. And there’s also custom icons. And where would the favourites be selected? And the list goes on… and on…

Besides there would be no point in doing it anyway. This kind of things need to be designed and discussed with the UI team and other users instead of just submitting a patch and hoping they like it and it’s in line with their plans.

1 Like

I understand, but mine would have liked your native work in blender,
it’s very accurate.
^___^

maybe @William can tell us something more, just for a bit deeper knowledge

You didn’t talk about everything nodes but we know that they won’t touch the modifier UI untill EN comes and that could take a long time, I had the same thoughts about the UI of blender being already in python, that’s why I also thought it would be easy and if possible they should implement wathever is possible from this addon.

I just saw the new patch its very good, preset savings and the non linked modifier highlight is just dope. I was thinking of that could that red hue on the icon also be seen on the modifier name itself :thinking: that could be easier to spot https://i.imgur.com/VCHkj5U.png

I actually wanted to do that but it didn’t work properly. The name was highlighted only when the modifier was selected which isn’t that useful. It didn’t look as good as in your image either:

1 Like

this tool does not work for me in this menu

3 Likes

Thanks for the report but that’s a known issue:

1 Like

Hello, Symstract.
Is it possible to save modifier settings after the previous use?

This can save a lot of time, for example, I constantly add a bevel modifier that has default settings, and each time I have to edit the values manually, because 0.1m is almost never used

Just wanted to say. This addon is a beast. One of the most powerful addons I’ve ever used for modeling in Blender. The shift+click add gizmo is freaking awesome. Makes using lattices, simple deforms, arrays and other things very easy. Also very comfortable to use and I love how the gizmos are accessible through the modifiers! Good work man!

Also wanted to thank you for taking the time to develop this add on and for supporting bug fixes.

1 Like

@koloved:

No, that’s not possible. Some system for setting user defined default settings could be possible, but I’m not sure how much work it would be and if it’s worth the effort. I can look into that in the future. No promises, though.

@mrgesy:

Thanks a lot! Reading this kind of feedback makes me happy.

2 Likes

Great addon! I now can’t use Blender without it :slight_smile:
I still have the issue with the convert in the particle systems. I’m using 1.4

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thanks!

That’s odd, did you have the emitter selected? The “Convert” button actually calls the same operator as “Make Instances Real” does, so it’s not using any operator specific to particles.

Hmm… maybe I’m doing something wrong:
modifier-list-02

And I’m using 1.4

1 Like

Not that I expect it to be fixed now. But I noticed using this addon in 2.81, I couldn’t see or adjust any modifier settings. Was only showing the modifier name.

I mainly use 2.8 anyways, but was testing 2.81 for voxel remesh and sculpt features.

Can you upload a blend file so I can investigate?

Thanks for the report. I’ll look into that and release a patch at some point.

1 Like

Thank you for looking into this.
Here’s the file:
particles-path.7z (767.4 KB)