Modifier List 1.7.5

Wow, awesome stuff! I was hitting issues in 2.9 alpha today and now all is well :smiley:

Would it be possible to add a pref in future/next release, that lets you turn OFF any new modifiers from displaying in Edit Mode? Like turn off Bevel or SubSurf/etc from showing while you go into Edit? Or do you consider that out of scope for this addon?

Thank you!

1 Like

Is there a way to have hotkey for Apply modifier?
I don’t like drag and drop and new modifiers layout in 2.90 but hotkeys feature is really nice.
Thanks!

I wish I could see the full modifier stack just like default blender…plz make it a toggle able option…rest all the stuff is amazing in this addon keep up the good work

Doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of this add-on? I thought the purpose here was so clean up the modifier stack so it wasn’t showing a cluster of every modifier you have.

3 Likes

that modifier stack helps us to adjust the values of multiple modifiers just by scrolling.up and down the stack …rest all is great in this addon…the search bar is truly great…That’s y I said a toggle able option for the default and the new one

Would it be possible to add another modifier key holding feature when holding alt and scrolling up and down (or clicking arrow up/down) it would move active modifier up and down in the stack?

Maybe in the future.

So the show_in_editmode setting would be turned off by default? Sound reasonable if that’s what you mean.

It’s not possible currently.

So that there would be no list? But the name is literally “Modifier List” :smiley: I don’t think I’ll add the that option, I’m sorry. The gizmo (control object) stuff wouldn’t work very well then because I can’t add custom things into the regular modifier layouts. It would, however, be good to be able to select multiple modifiers and see them at the same time. But that’s not possible to do.

You can add shortcuts for object.ml_modifier_move_up and object.ml_modifier_move_down under the Property Editor section.

Alt + Wheel conflicts with timeline by default, though.

2 Likes

Yeah, the show in edit mode thing. So am not seeing subSuf displaying in Edit or Bevel Modifier/results if don’t want to. :smiley:

1 Like

Fantastic addon. I’ve got a question regarding a feature that would make my life so much easier.
Is it possible to add an option to keep instances synchronized? Essentially, have the tool synchronize modifiers after every change I make, be it adding new modifiers, changing modifier values or applying a modifier.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s technically possible. Could be useful of course.

1 Like

Hello, what color is used for these icons? (theme is Red Platinum from devtalk thread)

They are hard to read with light colored themes:

Built in light theme is bit better but there are problems in others places (white buttons)

I think convention is to use inverted color only for first icon in selected line, rest are use standard color (like in vertex color panel):

изображение

EDIT: I found black / white icons toggle in preferences and feel very dumb now. Still, I can’t get them looking consistent since some icons grab their color from theme settings and some from addon preferences:

Can you make all icons use values from addon preferences or theme settings?

First of all thank you for the effort put into this addon, it is quite a rare sight to see developers incorporate user feedback to such an extent. :+1:
As per custom in this thread, this addon should definitely be the default.

I have a few feature requests as well, excuse me if these are redundant, I have yet to install the addon when I have access to my PC again:

1. I really miss the “toggle end result” button from 3ds Max, perhaps this could be included? It may be nice to add a marker in the stack and everything above the marker would be toggled with this button, or at least something along those lines. It’s much easier to preview the end result with a single button (which also disables subdivision surface display and/ or mirrors).
  2. Also from Max: to edit modifier gizmos there is a subobject mode, while this is probably not the best solution to copy 1 on 1 in terms of UI, I think it may be nice to have similar functionality through a shortcut to toggle gizmo editing (the created empty) with the associated modifier preselected. The modifier could then change colour to show it is in gizmo editing mode. Pressing the shortcut again would exit out gizmo editing.
  3. I have read about shortcuts to move modifiers, what about shortcuts to move through the modifier stack?
  4. If possible, the option to save presets to a modifier in the favourites section. This could entail Mirror with preset planes, for instance.

E: It might also be nice to be able to jump to the picked object for boolean operations in object/edit mode using a button/ hotkey, so you can more easily modify booleans.

Amazing i love it!
well done this is how default blender should be!

3 Likes

Modifier List 1.6.1

Updates for Blender 2.9x.

2.90:

Modifiers: option to preserve custom normals for subsurf & multires
https://developer.blender.org/rB5c28955d3a018adf9986cc601837cde9fc011496

LibOverride and modifiers: Add copying of linked modifiers
https://developer.blender.org/rBcfbea0e

2.91:

Ocean Modifier: Add viewport resolution
https://developer.blender.org/rBa44299c

Cycles: add support for rendering deformation motion blur from Alembic caches.
https://developer.blender.org/rBSb5dcf746369e51c08285292cd78f621999dd09e9

Multires: Base Mesh Sculpting
https://developer.blender.org/rB976f0113e008b4ff2d96760b0e83d5466dda8c54

Sorry there was such a long delay after new features were added. I should have updated this earlier… I’ll add a warning in the opening post that I may not always immediately update this after new features get added.

9 Likes

@Format64
I tried to add custom icons for the “show in viewport” and “show in render” toggles so they would always be white or black. Unfortunately it doesn’t work: when they are on, they show a wrong icon. So there seems to be a bug in Blender. I’ll investigate that at some point.

@Hologram
Thanks for your suggestions, I’ll think about them.

Love the addon, coming from 3dsmax. there’s something useful about it from over there, use it all the time, the 2.9 update that came today broke it tho, is it gonna be able to use the moving modifiers feature, I mean this addon made it more usable, and now I’m dependent on using the favorites buttons… great stuff - do you have a donation page or blendermarket to add something to the cause - it’s well worth it :slight_smile:

Glad to hear. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report. Adding a modifier doesn’t seem to work in 2.90, but it works in 2.91. I’ll investigate.

What do you mean? Drag and drop? Lists don’t support that unfortunately.

There’s currently no way to donate but thanks for asking!

The bug is in Blender, so we’ll just need to wait until it gets fixed: https://developer.blender.org/T79992.

Multi resolution return error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/viadvena/.config/blender/2.90/scripts/addons/modifier_list/modules/operators/modifier_add.py", line 107, in invoke
    return self.execute(context)
  File "/home/viadvena/.config/blender/2.90/scripts/addons/modifier_list/modules/operators/modifier_add.py", line 35, in execute
    override = context.copy()
  File "/ToshibaHDD/Soft/blender-2.90.0-05e1ccf10836-linux64/2.90/scripts/modules/bpy_types.py", line 42, in copy
    value = getattr(self, attr)
AttributeError: 'Context' object has no attribute 'hair'

Blender Version: 2.90.0 Beta, branch: master, commit date: 2020-08-20 15:47, hash: rB05e1ccf10836

I didnt seem to notice anyone pointing out the issue about the Mesh/Object Target picker(eyedropper icon) option not working properly when using a popup list. When clicking on a textbox it opens a drop list just fine but clicking on an eyedropper icon doesnt seem to work. Every modifier that has this option behaves like that. It works normally in the Properties tab even with pressing an E key.
Am I missing something here or is it some kind of limitation?

Absolutely great and a must have addon so thank you for your effort.