Modifier List 1.7.5

Blender’s default feature of swapping modifier stacks by drag & drop is not available while this add-on is enabled.

This add-on helps me a lot and I can’t turn it off, but there are many times when I want to swap modifier stacks by drag & drop. Is it possible to implement this feature?

Which version will be good for blender 2.92??

Well, it’s not possible to add drag & drop for the list but using the stack instead of the list will be an option in an upcoming Modifier List version. (Currently I’m waiting for a bug in Blender I’ve reported to get fixed.)

5 Likes

You can use the latest version, it works with Blender versions from 2.83 up to 3.0.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Does this support drag and drop or does it still use arrows ?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t support drag and drop. :frowning:

I added that to the first post.

dang i have to fight between wanting drag and drop and wanting the search and quick modifiers lol.

just dropping in to say I’ve been using this addon for a couple of months now and it’s easily one of my “cant live without” addons! Having all of the modifiers listed at the top is a much more intuitive way to work, and the popup panel makes it so I don’t have to keep the properties tab open all the time anymore. And yeah, if the modifier UI List had drag and drop my wishlist would be complete.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s nice to hear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
I have an issue with the addon and Geometry Node.
If modifier list is enabled I can’t have access to object or collection of the group input, it is grayed out and no interaction are currently possible.
When I disable it everything back to normal.

Thanks by advance for your help

Thanks for the report. This looks like a bug/limitation in Blender, I’ll investigate and likely create a bug report.

2 Likes

Hi, do you have any news from developers ?

Uhh, not yet because reported it just now but it can be followed here: https://developer.blender.org/T89876

Thank you, I have suscribed :wink:

Modifier List 1.7

New features and changes

• Optional stack layout

• It uses the default modifier stack (so layouts are always up to date)
    • There are separate settings for Properties Editor, sidebar and popup in the preferences
    • Setting for the current layout (Properties Editor, sidebar or popup) can also be found in the Modifier Extras popover
    • Currently only the Properties Editor setting is enabled because the stack layout is not working outside of Properties Editor because of a bug in Blender
    • Modifier Extras popover is located in the same row with modifier search and menu
    • Gizmo settings are in the popover
    • Batch operators are located either where they are now or in the popover. The “Show Batch Operators In Main Layout With Stack Style” setting controls that.
    • There’s also an operator for expanding/collapsing all modifier panels
    • When switching from stack to list, the panels don’t seem to get removed. Disabling and re-enabling the addon fixed that. Seems like a bug I need to report.
  • Customizable modifier default settings

• Can be found in the preferences
    • In some cases one setting affects another, which can be confusing. Example: Wertex Weight Proximity’s proximity_geometry enum’s ‘FACE’ option is synched with the invert_mask_vertex_groupin setting. Hopefully these kind of situations are rare.
  • When applying a modifier to all instances, the modifier is now removed from the instances (based on the name and type)

• Adding shortcuts to modifier applying operators is now possible because they don’t need the modifier name as an argument any more. (Btw, it’s recommended to add shortcuts under 3D View > 3D View (Global) in the keymap editor so they work in all modes.)

• Modifiers are now sorted alphabetically in the search

• Some mode enums are now expanded for convenience in Weld, Mask, Remesh, Solidify and Cast modifiers’ UI.

• Surface Deform: Interpolation Falloff is now deactivate when the mesh is not bound like it’s in the default UI

• Weighted Normal: autosmooth is now enabled before adding the modifier, not after to avoid the usual warning in the console

• Normal Edit: autosmooth is now enabled automatically

Updates for Blender 3.0

• Added “Sparse Bind” checkbox for Surface Deform

• Added “Only Loose Edges” checkbox for Weld

Fixes

• Fixed Geometry Nodes object and collection inputs appearing disabled

• Fixed a possible error when reloading the addon. Now it should always work.

The minimum required Blender version is now 2.92.

22 Likes

Wow, that’s quite an impressive update, thanks a lot again, @Symstract , much appreciated!

2 Likes

Great update.!
But when i Save preferences in Prefs window, modifier list prefs does not save in config folder.

1 Like

Cool, I’m so glad to be able to use it again.
Thank you :wink:

2 Likes

Heeeell yeah!! Awesome update! I wanted this so much! So glad I can have modifiers favorites list along side with drag n drop now, many many thanks!

3 Likes