Modifier List for Blender 4.0 & 4.1 Addon Fork

This is a fork of the very popular (and in my opinion essential) addon Modifier List by @Symstract

Unfortunately, it is no longer supported in Blender 4.0, and we have not heard any official statements from @Symstract regarding the future of this addon.

So, in the meantime, I made this fork of the addon. It adds support for Modifier List in Blender 4.0 and also includes some new features.

Feel free to add your feature requests or report any problems you run into :slight_smile:

Release notes:

Modifier List 1.7.92 (Stable) - Download

New features:

• Support for geometry nodes in Blender 4.0!

• Option to see how much time it takes to execute each modifier.
    (only works in list mode)

• Added an option to hide the search and add modifier button for a cleaner look.
    Show Search and Menu Bar

• Shift Left-click on the Toggle Visibility of All Modifiers button, will only toggle on and off the visibility of the modifiers.
    Shift Left-click on the Toggle Visibility of All Modifiers

Bug fixes:

• Reverse list is now working again (restart still required though).

• Various bug fixes with geometry nodes.

• Apply All Modifiers now works for the active object.

Modifier List 1.7.95 (Experimental) - Download

New experimental features for Blender 4.1:

• Bake Path is now supported.

• Modifier panel is now supported.

• Enum menu switch is now supported.

• Support for geometry nodes in Blender 4.1!

Future planned features/fixes:

• Workaround for the Constrain/Line Art Modifier + Modifier List crash.

• Workaround for the reported disappearing icon bug.

• Fix inaccurate timings for total time when a modifier is disabled.

• Ability to delete, apply, and move up/down all modifiers of the same type/name/order if Alt is pressed while clicking the button.

• Support for named attributes in the modifier panel (if it’s possible to do, currently not sure if it can be done, feel free to contribute a pull request or lend a helping hand).

• Add custom geometry nodes modifiers to favorites.

• Fix apply all modifiers on all selected objects.

• Add support for the new auto smooth modifier in Blender 4.1

• Fix reverse list in 4.1

Github Page for the addon

38 Likes

Thank you very much :pray:

2 Likes

I’m wondering if I can use this UI with the default blender stack instead of the list, I saw it on YouTube tutorials but I donno the addon name or how to do it

This used to be the old modifier UI layoute, but it was later updated to the new layout that’s created in C++ now. So no, it’s not possible anymore to use that UI in the regular modifier ui, even with addons its not possible to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Thanks, it mostly does work.
First thing I noticed was, that smooth by angle is not in the list and can’t be found and applied.

2 Likes

Thanks, will look into adding smooth by angle :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

this is great. i’ve been looking for modifier list for blender 4 update for a while. thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping this alive!

4 Likes

Actually auto smooth is a geometry node. So you can add geometry node and then choose it.

Reverse list works in the Popup menu, but does not work in the Properties panel. (blender 4.1)

p.s. Thank you :orange_heart:. A very useful addon

Thank you, I can confirm. Seems to work in 4.0, but not in 4.1 or when opening a 4.1 file in 4.0. Not really sure why it would break to be honest, I am very confused haha

1 Like

not working in 4.1
Will be great if fix it

What is not working in 4.1?

Weighted normals show issue and dont see modifier Smooth by angle in UI

2 Likes

Strangely, after several restarts, reverse suddenly started working in the Properties panel :slight_smile: .

However, there is a more significant problem: there is no new Smooth by Angle modifier or Hair group in the list of modifiers (Add Modifier button) and in the search.
It’s sad :frowning: Smooth by Angle is an important…

p.s. I seem to be repeating the previous post, but this does not negate the problem itself.

1 Like

Wow, that is super weird! I could not get it to work at all in 4.1, but great that it now works for you! haha

Smooth by Angle is planned to be added, but I dont really have that much time right now unfortunately.

In the meantime, I would use this addon that I made, that adds back the 4.0 auto smooth in the right click context menu, in that way you still will be able to add a Smooth by Angle fast.

For the hair groups, use the new Shift A menu instead, not sure if it is possible to dynamicly add geomtry nodes assest to the old list of modifers and the old search, will need to investigate one day, if I ever get the time.

1 Like

Thank you, will work on a fix for the weighted normals error :slight_smile:

Smooth by Angle is planned to be added, but I dont really have that much time right now unfortunately.

In the meantime, I would use this addon that I made, that adds back the 4.0 auto smooth in the right click context menu, in that way you still will be able to add a Smooth by Angle fast.

1 Like

A fix is up now for the weighted normals error, do not forget to restart Blender for the fix to take affect.

6 Likes

Thanks, work great

1 Like