Modifying basic and specific object properties later: possible with Blender?

Hello,

I am learning Blender with version 2.66 (basic installation on WinVista, no plugins) and I am stuck with a very basic question: is it possible to retrieve the menue for the very basic object properties at a later stage during the construction of a scene?

To illustrate what I mean, I have attached 2 screenshots for a torus object. When I add a torus to my scene, there is a menue at the lower left corner entitled “Add Torus”, where I can set parameters specific to the torus, for example the inner and outer diameter. But when I deselect the torus and re-select it later, I do not see the “Add Torus” menue anymore. From logic, I would assume that it moved somewhere to the “Object” settings on the right of the screen, but I cannot find it anywhere.

I find this confusing. I have worked with Bryce for many years, and there I can always access the basic and specific object parameters at any later time (in Bryce, modifying the inner diameter of a torus later is no problem).

As a beginner to Blender, I just assume that I have overlooked some basic setting. Can someone of you please give me a hint?

Many thanks to all of you!

Attachments

is it possible to retrieve the menue for the very basic object properties at a later stage during the construction of a scene?
No you cannot

OK, this is bad. But thank you for your reply.

In case of torus, a workaround may be adding a circle, use skin modifier and subsurf modifier. In editmode scale minor (ctrl a) and major radius.

Greetings
Tom

It’s not really bad but can be frustrating at times especially if you have never worked with an app that does not have parametric modelling. You just have to think ahead a bit.

Thank you, Tom. Originally, I thought of something more complicated but decided to take the torus as a good example. In Bryce, it is relatively easy to set up a forest scene. After all the trees have been set, I can still modify individual trees (for example, if the forest is not dense enough, add more branches, more leaves etc. to individual trees until it all fits). In Blender, I have to create a seperate file for each tree (for example, using this plugin: http://blenderthings.blogspot.nl/2013/02/a-new-tree-add-on.html), then populate the forest with them. If some trees still need some adjustment, I have to delete them, create new individual trees from the original trees (and write down the parameters I used to create them), then copy the new trees into their respecite location within the forest.

I now realize that for Blender I will need a totally different workflow.