Modular sandbox environment base "chunk"

I think someone would pay me 1 billion dollars to understand what you mean,and I would say"keep your money ,I can’t understand a thing ".
Be more explicit and make coherent sentences , not just bunch of words thrown down … Jeez…

yes, exactly ,

but right now it just passes On and Off
I need to pass power-by magnitude,
I also need to pass Info by some means that is representative of how it would really work, think of a “Flag” as a electron, or a photon or a phonon (like a packet of heat or sound), just a packet of info, so a sensor can tell an armature to change it’s target, or it’s force or what it is emitting and where, or anything really that represents a real thing,

Btw, you would have to pay me to try not to understand, anything, I find joy in the understanding,

Ok, so this is just passing a variable in python. If you have some classes set up to represent one of these voxels, then you can pass anything you want to anywhere. Are you using logic bricks for this? If you are then I think you will end up with a very messy scene with logic bricks literally bursting out of blender.

The way you describing it at the moment sounds too idealistic to me. If every voxel was to have it own sensors and everything running all the time, you will end up with very poor performance. We do not have massive amounts of processing time in realtime. Everything needs to be either tricked or optimised to hell. If I am correct here, you are wanting thousands of voxels to build up individual objects, and all of those voxels to be waiting for other voxels around it? This sounds like processing madnesses to me.

What knowledge do you have of Object Orientated programming, or any programming in fact? Sounds like your missing some vital logical steps in understanding your problem. Maybe if you had a more in depth knowledge of programming then you would be able to make better decisions on how to approach certain problems.

No not every voxel, I want to be optimised, that is why I am here, I don’t really know how, but I need each chunk to run 1 python script that does all of this, efficiently,

I need some help, as it is as confusing to solve as explain :slight_smile:

ooooookay, thats fine. I am trying to help but you are not answering my questions. How good is your programming knowledge? What you are trying to do is fairly complex (again still not 100% sure what you are aiming for, but lets just go with it) so you will need to take some time and design a solution.

Now you have introduced the word ‘chunk’ into the equation without specifying what a ‘chunk’ is. Is it a group of voxels? Is it a chunk of metal on the floor. Is it a part of the Space-Time-Matter Consortium?I have no idea what it is, you need to specify things. You mentioned that you dumb things down, well stop that. Dumbing things down will only lead to dumb answers.

Chunk like, individual components, like 1 motor, 1 script,

1 component linking cube, 1 script

I know C++ a little, Python I am working on, but seem to thrive in logic

I am great at LSL(secondlife) but nothing done in that engine seems to help :slight_smile:

I am learning openCog and a few others, but love LOGIC!

I am a cube, I have 5 terminal/face per side,a property on a list hitting Side 1 terminal A Sends a signal to terminal 2A to spawn that “property flag” on the other face,

Essentially a wire, though the cube, from one contact to another…

this in game will only have @ max 200 components in one scene, Like a car is about 12-16 components, a robot can be as little as 4 (Base-Sensor-Targeting servo(track to)-Gun (turret) so the sky is the limit, if we can instance EVERYTHING! :slight_smile:
enemy = parts that are in use in players vehicle and weapons/hardware…

basically it’s a ubberminecraftoncrack

IRL each thing IS the hardware, (1 cube can be a microcomputer) or a single gate, or ? you fill in the blanks,

so you want to make something like a mix between Minecraft and Gmod?

interesting, I have never seen gmod, I thought you meant this for a second, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry’s_Mod

but yes, it could be in theory a re-configurable hardware display/testing system, to emulate hardware using CPU ticks,
and perform complex logic, for now… guns! anti-gravity! and titanium! :slight_smile:

lets get people playing, seriously
So we can then seriously play…
We will save the life hacking once we have it much more optimised, and I can get a team somewhere to build the hardware needed to build the cubes,

:slight_smile:

Gmod is the same thing as Garry`s mod

http://www.gmod.org/wiki/Main_Page was what I found, lol, I think both are amazing, but this is also a way to visualize a data-set in action, (the nodes/flags could all have “labels”) that change in real time

Ok, so as far as the game goes though, is there a way to tell which face was collided with?
or at least a uv map coordinate?

Ray cast from one face aimed at the next?
somehow have striking a face on a list of properties, edit the object it hits, changing the property?

can I cast a ray from a normal-easily?

Help?

Bumpity boo!

This sounds like an interesting idea, and if i understand you correctly, your idea is a game to show a concept for creating electronics, by using “blocks” like lego, but on a much smaller scale? like, instead of chip boards?

yes :slight_smile: exactly,

The In real life version will be 1,000’s of “cubes” to equal one device,

in the game, there will be like 20-30 to represent a whole vehicle, or robot etc

Check out ray from face thread:)