We are working on an awesome addon to place and manage modular assets. The expected release date is 27 September, and while I am working on some asset packs, I try to tailor the assets to your needs. Hence I started this thread before release to post some polls.
Earlier I posted two polls on Twitter. Here are the poll results:
Here is a sneak peek:
If you are a creator of modular assets, we might be able to help. Drop by on Discord: https://discord.gg/dhyXhjUypd Please use the channel called collaborate.
The addon is as good as ready. All that’s left is creating some asset packs to start with. We try some assets to build a street with buildings in cyberpunk style. For each asset pack are loads of things to consider, like:
- The assets need to be game-ready?
- Procedural shaders or PBR textures preferred?
- Real-life scale, or scaled-down?
- Exact real-life dimensions or make it more snappable (0.1m, 1m, 1.5m, 3m, etc.).
- Walls with a thickness or not.
At the moment, we have assets like:
- Buildings without wall thickness, interesting shapes (sci-fi) but no details
- Tissue profiles
- Curve profiles (to use the modular assets with an array- and curve modifier).
- Decals (emission) with basic shapes. You can change the color.
- Walls, floors, greebles, primitives
Here two examples:
To pimp the modular assets up, we used some inserts.
Buildings with interesting shapes and without details.
If you are interested and have ideas, feel free to drop a comment.