I start this thread to share with the community my experience about my first script I did just for fun.
It’s a kind of log of my experience too. Hope you have fun to check my progress and eventualy use my script than I have fun to construct and play with it!
History: In 1999 , at 15years old on my really fast 200mhz I find a little program where you can create 2d particles , called atoms. You can give to these ‘‘atoms’’ different property and make links between them to make different material. You can create 2d shaped react like water , jello , ice and many others thing. You can tears solid shape if to much force is applied. In my memory the apps is very cool … and I never find it again after ( if somebody find it , let’s me know.) 2009-2010 I see what Thiago Costa did with XSI and the powerfull ICE node programming and it’s seem to be near that what the old software does but in 3D. August 2011 , I’m starting to learn python for XSI and start to play with Blender API. I’m starting my script with GameEngine and it’s rigidbody physics.
I find on this website: http://en.myinventions.pl/index.php?page=BlenderSpringsAndDampers how to create my own spring/damping constraint. This research give v01 and v02 below. But I see really fast the maximum of rigibody object BGE can handle. After 15 000objects , the memory goes too high (and I have a computer with 24Gb of ram) and crash.
In september 2011 I change the way I want to did it and start to apply the same formula on particles(v15 and more). Blender can easy handle millions of particles without crashing. That begin to be interesting. My biggest problem now is I cannot have access to subframe with particles by python. I send a private message Jahka and he tell me it’s not possible to access subframe particles loop for now. But I simulate subframe by stretching the timestep. Not really practical but it’s work.
My Blog about the project:
NEWHair test[720p]:Beta version trailer[720p]: https://youtu.be/_5QkPnPDcfc Cube of wet sand[720p]
Pasta Machine !!!:
Link at bird test:
[720p] Compilation of test with links integration:
with simple collision and mass reaction:
[720p] First test with self collision:
old with my own verlet python particles system:[B]
v10[HD1080p] 64 000 particles with collision response and friction:[/B]
v07[HD1080p] 16 000 particles with Polygon collision (rendered on renderfarm.fi):
v06[HD720p] 250 000 particles with Self-Collision gridhashing system:
v05[HD720p] Collision with friction and air-damping:
v04[HD720p] First verlet integration with inelastic self collision:
old with blender particles system:
v029[HD720p] Empty Pumpkin ~50 000 particles:
v017[HD720p] Cube ~69 000 particles:
v015 [HD720p] Cube ~32 000 particles:
old with BGE rigidbody:
The source code of my script and more details about my first script journey is coming soon. Hope a get help from more experimented coders too ( optimization or better way to do thing) ! All comments are welcome !
“If I create this thread at the wrong place, just let’s me know… because I don’t find a WIP script in the coding section.”