Monitor

Hi, i made my monitor today. I use YAFRAY for the render :slight_smile:

[/img]

Nice! Needs something on the screen, and it looks like the stand is off-center…

did you use any reference pictures ? because it seems like the base is off center , but that could be manufactures privilage , that is the case on my dell lcds (dual configuration = base is off center so it can attach to second panel )

also are there any icons for the buttons ? sometimes there engraved above the buttons or engraved to let a led shine behind them for ex. power buttons on dell monitors have a clear power icon , when in standby they are orange , and on they are green

Yes, i got that monitor, i try to make. I have put the base in too center now.
Here is a picture of the monitor
http://picserver.cdcpoint.it/foto.aspx?s=cty&t=grandi&i=DS47
in the tiny dot next too the biggest bottom, there wil be a green light when there is power on.

well from looking at the reference photo , id say you did a good job putting in the buttons , but they seem to be too low on the frame , try extending the bottom of the frame a little to fix that

Ok, now i got a new render. Next time i render, i put textures on, like the acer logo in left top.

looks like the buttons are in the right place now , could you do us a favor and take a screenshot of the wireframe for the stand it looks like you have it dead on , but the angle and lighting is preventing me from being able to tell

all in all good work :wink:

here is a screenshot.

Could you render it from a slightly different angle? The face-on view doesn’t allow you to tell much about it! :wink:

ok , i understand why it looks strange , i found a small photo of the side of the unit , and it is the strangest hinge i have ever seen ,… most flat panels attach higher up to maintan center of gravity , this thing :< :-? …
criticisim for manufactuer not artist …
although the base looks funny to me it is the way it is 8)

Attachments

hey, take a screen shot of the wireframe, and apply it as a texture to the screen!

Here is it from an other angel.