Monster and creature parts

Been totally wrecking it for last two days while making these variations of Wings and Tail tips
which are all made out of a single object and weight painted to a single armature that has unconnected bones.

Still so much to do. And soon time for arms, legs, horns,
torsos and heads. As well as some tentacles, and a bit of other stuff for combining hybrid mutants
and other weird creatures while I’ve got hope to come up with alchemical mixture recipe so I could go for some semi BS stuff to implement genetic mutations towards my project.

These are just quick variations and still have to polish them tight.
But at least I’ve got the keyframed shapes to duplicate and edit them for more variations all
in order to take them to perfection.

So excited. Totally enjoyed while doing these!

TIP - Been thinking a lot about idle animations and some slight moves so that the characters are not still and not doing the wrong moves during animations while waiting for signals of action.
And idea came into my mind that If You animate objects local location vs armature by making objects origin point to draw a small invisible ring just around of the original position of objects origin point which is already weight painted to an armature that is bent to achieve a particular shape or size.
Then by doing so it is possible to achieve a quick and effective wobbly effect of the skin in a bit weird way without actually moving the bones by themselves which I guess can also support the moves that armature can make towards achieving some wobblyness of the skin.

Chop Chop!!! lol :rofl:

3 Likes