Monster Girl

characters
modeling

(Oceanthebard) #1

This is a character I’ve been working on (Originally intended to come out around Halloween hence the green skin). I put her together to try and experiment with colors and practice sculpting long arcs of stylized cloth. Let me know what you guys think!

Inspired by a concept created by Meo Mai

(aaronh) #2

This is pretty awesome! Did you sculpt it or was it box modeled?

(Rob) #3

Awesome work. It bleeds really well into almost feeling like an illustration. I don’t see that very often.

(Oceanthebard) #4

Thanks glad to hear you like her! This was really a mix box modeling and sculpting. Box modeling was used for all the base mesh’s, loose strands of hair, etc. But sculpting was used for the face, tablecloth, and dress.

(Oceanthebard) #5

Thanks! That’s exactly the feeling I was shooting for! I’m heavily inspired by Leticia Gillett’s work which has that same sort of illustrated feel. (You can check her work out here if you’re interested - https://www.artstation.com/leticiarg)

(Oceanthebard) #6

Progress Progress Gif

(aaronh) #7

Oh very cool. I’m trying to figure out box modeling people at the moment. Not particularly easy so kudos!

(Domarius) #8

I love the style :slight_smile: She’s very expressive and full of personality. The hair is amazing. I just feel like she could cut us with her knees though, heheh.

(Benny_Flex) #9

great work @Oceanthebard. Thank you for revealing the process.

(Oceanthebard) #10

@Benny_Flex My pleasure! I hope you find it useful! :slight_smile:

(Oceanthebard) #11

@Domarius Thanks! Haha, yeah. A couple people have said that. But I like it, I think the angle of the knees is a nice contrast to the arcs in the rest of the scene.

Very nice work, the style looks very similar to something Disney would do :smile: