Monster Girl

This is a character I’ve been working on (Originally intended to come out around Halloween hence the green skin). I put her together to try and experiment with colors and practice sculpting long arcs of stylized cloth. Let me know what you guys think!

Inspired by a concept created by Meo Mai

26 Likes

This is pretty awesome! Did you sculpt it or was it box modeled?

1 Like

Awesome work. It bleeds really well into almost feeling like an illustration. I don’t see that very often.

1 Like

Thanks glad to hear you like her! This was really a mix box modeling and sculpting. Box modeling was used for all the base mesh’s, loose strands of hair, etc. But sculpting was used for the face, tablecloth, and dress.

Thanks! That’s exactly the feeling I was shooting for! I’m heavily inspired by Leticia Gillett’s work which has that same sort of illustrated feel. (You can check her work out here if you’re interested - https://www.artstation.com/leticiarg)

Progress Progress Gif

1 Like

Oh very cool. I’m trying to figure out box modeling people at the moment. Not particularly easy so kudos!

1 Like

I love the style :slight_smile: She’s very expressive and full of personality. The hair is amazing. I just feel like she could cut us with her knees though, heheh.

1 Like

great work @Oceanthebard. Thank you for revealing the process.

1 Like

@Benny_Flex My pleasure! I hope you find it useful! :slight_smile:

@Domarius Thanks! Haha, yeah. A couple people have said that. But I like it, I think the angle of the knees is a nice contrast to the arcs in the rest of the scene.

Very nice work, the style looks very similar to something Disney would do :smile:

1 Like

Very nice work, I love her expression! Always interesting to see the progress.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

Thanks! Glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

Very nice work, this girl is special :). Could the lamp be more centered on the table?

I think I understand why the artist decided to have the lamp centered over her, as she stares up at with a deliciously somewhat-drunk and very-bored expression.