Mood of the day

Hi all i was just board and started working in blender and this image just seem to fit the mood i was in.

C+C most welcomed i am always looking for ways to improve myself and thowse around me :slight_smile:

Attachments

no comments complaints?

Bit of a gloomy and bored mood hey? :stuck_out_tongue:

“no comments complaints?”

What do you expect us to say?

You felt bored and came up with this picture…so?

Are you trying to ask for critiques and compliments or what!?

If you want critiques, I’d say you’re too grainy. (your picture)

Too dark as well.

That’s all I can think of :-?

Add more content to the picture maybe? I don’t know.

Wolf

I like the darkish mood i would just say too grainy, it kinda ruins it…

feels like there ought to be a view through the window, or raindrops, or something more interesting visually than just the light.

Bit of a gloomy and bored mood hey?

“no comments complaints?”

What do you expect us to say?

You felt bored and came up with this picture…so?

Are you trying to ask for critiques and compliments or what!?

If you want critiques, I’d say you’re too grainy. (your picture)

Too dark as well.

That’s all I can think of

Add more content to the picture maybe? I don’t know.

Wolf

yea i will admit it i was vary board and pritty gloomy.
and i was fishing for crits :smiley:
i renderd this in yafray and i cant seem to get the grain to go away i render it in the best quality it will go and full as the GI and i have cache on and still wont go away for some odd reason :-? any ideas?

feels like there ought to be a view through the window, or raindrops, or something more interesting visually than just the light.

i had considerd that maybe i sould have put this in WIP then finished projects oh well i will toss it around in my mind abit more thanks for the crits :smiley:

:-?

Tell me this, do people think they’re cool or something just because they use the Yafray render?

It’s like, oh wow, I made this cube on a . . . another cube and I rendered it with Yafra.

For me, it’s like “. . . yeah, so?”

You use it when it’s necessary, not just for the sake of “I’m cool, I used Yafray”; it’s a waste of time and computation. Why render a frigging grey cube, in a blue background with Yafray, when you can just render it normally with the Blender Internal render.

It’s not like the Blender Internal can’t do reflections and transparency.

To this point I really don’t know why people bother.

Maybe someone can give me an explanation?

Yeah, a tad simple and gloomy. Perhaps it would have looked nice a touch brighter, with something filling that window space and then desaturated to make a greyscale image.

Wolf: %|

well its just that yafray is easyer, i do agree thet internal (with some ao?) is the thing for pros though.

and well i prefer internal but for more realistic stuff i still use yafray because i ain’t so good at that jkust yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I think its cool :smiley:

Maybe you should make it more lighter, but i like that it is grainy… try to add glow? just an idea… hehe i like it

Tell me this, do people think they’re cool or something just because they use the Yafray render?

It’s like, oh wow, I made this cube on a . . . another cube and I rendered it with Yafra.

For me, it’s like “. . . yeah, so?”

You use it when it’s necessary, not just for the sake of “I’m cool, I used Yafray”; it’s a waste of time and computation. Why render a frigging grey cube, in a blue background with Yafray, when you can just render it normally with the Blender Internal render.

It’s not like the Blender Internal can’t do reflections and transparency.

To this point I really don’t know why people bother.

Maybe someone can give me an explanation?

actuly i could not care less what you think of the yafray engine, and no i dont think it makes you look “cool”. i rarely use yafray but alot of your better indoor sence look better in yafray yes it is true that you can do most the stuff in the blender engine but its a pain in the butt and i am sure as you can tell lighting is not my strong suit so i use yafray couse its easyer to get better looking light, so with that if you want to crit my work that is fine but leave me alone about what render engine i want to use.

and maybe i sould have put abit more thout in to the image before i posted it here but i thout this forum was designed for anybody to post anything thay made in blender how ever simple it maybe. if you dont like it thats fine i dont really give a damn but if you want to crit the work itself i am more then happy to lisen.

thank you to all who posted with constructive crits thay are most welcomed i dont beleave i will be working on this sence anymore i have pritty much lost interst and i am going to start working on somthing new but thank you vary much for you input :smiley:

Chrome he wasn’t trying to insult you. (I think you missed his point)

He just wants to know why people mis-use/over-use (abuse) YAFRAY.

A lot of the things can be done in blender internal, but some things are better done in YAFRAY (WOLF).

Maybe when you can use Yafray you will enjoy its benefits and also discover its weaknesses.

Chrome your work is good for a bored piece. A bit grainy like the others have said.
Did you use AO(Ambient Occlusion) ?? maybe thats probably why?. Or maybe you used a Noise texture?

well i am sorry if any took offence to my preavues statment i was not meaning to be a jerk. i reviewed the file some more and there is no AO no noise maps noting of the such OSA is at 16 method is full quality is best cache is on so i am really lost why it is still grainy :-? if you like i can post the blend file, i am really not sure where to go from here i mean everything apears correct in the settings atleast to me i am not vary firmilyer with the render settings of yafray i mostly work my skills tword modeling :-?

ps sorry for bad spelling and grammer

Chrome, try putting your picture in Photoshop and give it a gaussian blur.

That should do the trick :slight_smile:

You possibly could increase the amount of Photons and blur in Yafray (not sure if that helps any) but that might kill your CPU render time, that’s why I said don’t bother using yafray because it takes too long sometimes.

Unless you wanted to test how long a render can take :smiley: