More evidence of node-based proceduralism taking the industry by storm

A new procedural node-based solution has recently appeared that adds Unity and Unreal to the ever-growing set of applications with procedural node-based solutions for geometry and scene assembly.
Apparance Homepage

With polygon budgets growing annually to take advantage of the continual advancement of hardware, this type of thing is critical to putting a stop to the equally fast rise in the amount of time and money required to complete a AAA-quality game title, and maybe even reverse the costs as the amount of time needed to assemble worlds go down.

Once again, this is another example of just how quickly the industry is jumping on the procedural bandwagon (with almost all major apps. now offering at least something, even if they are not widely publicized by users). It is a little on the pricey side though, which may or may not be worth it for users here since Blender I/O supports automatically applying Geometry Node data.

1 Like

If there’s anything out there that will procedurally take me even “75% of the way there,” then I’m all-in.

…well yeah, also probably why seasoned people are pretty much worth their weight in gold

The Ascent - NG_Room_Maker

There is already a plugin to use Blender geo nodes in Unreal: https://altermesh.com
It looks pretty promising.