More "No Deal" Brexit fun

Please don’t take offence if you think Brexit is a fantastic idea. Instead make some Blender art showing how amazing everything is going to be on 1st November 2019 :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the “politics” out the way. I just fancied creating another tongue-in-cheek set of images with fake products and packaging. I would have liked to have created a few more variations on the cardboard boxes and perhaps some damaged and bashed cans, but something else has come up and I decided just to render these out as is.

I tried just a wee bit of chromatic aberration on a couple of the images. Not sure about that.

24 Likes

Quality aside- which, by the way, this is absolutely lovely work and your detail level is remarkable- this is great :slight_smile: I love it!

The texturing on the cardboard is blowing my mind. I’ve never seen anything so ugly and so incredibly beautifully realistic combined before.

2 Likes

I can’t take all the credit for the cardboard. It was a sbsar I found on Substance Share which I built on top of. Stuff like the pressed down rings where cans have sat was modeled though and helps sell it a bit more.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

The metal shader of the shelves is really beautiful.

2 Likes

Yeah, the shelf’s metal shader’s quite nice. @JohnMalcolm1970 , do you mind sharing it?

1 Like

There’s not a lot to it. It’s simply a Principled Shader with one roughness map. It’s from Poliigon and happens to be one of the ones you can get for free there - although I have bought credit packs and downloaded paid stuff from them as well. The surface imperfections stuff is amazing for getting quick results like this.

The semi-transparent plastic that covers up many of the shelf labels on the front of each shelf is similarly simple but in that case I used fingerprint smudge type textures from the same source.

4 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

TAKIN ARE CUNTRY BACK! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love how the Euro price is waaaaay cheaper than the pound price. Lovely touch :laughing:

3 Likes