Morwad marble Material nodebuild for lamps ect

I think if I widdle in translucency and blend it with SSS I could probably ghetto-rig it to only accept light from the back and still have the SSS effect. For the specific application it will not be as physically correct as anisotropy but I think I can leave transmission out of it that way. The other problem I am experiencing with transmission is it is scattering in the wrong places. It is sorta transmitting everywhere and not leaving the dark corners and things, so I will give this a try and post back in a minute.

Edit, that was a bust because it was completely greying out the surface a lot like the transmission… It’s so weird because really the values and colors are right for SSS but it’s just how much light is passing through from the back. Thinking of just saying good enough is good enough with this because if I have to sacrafice one thing or another Ill probably hang onto the values.

It looks light Brecht was working on this once upon a time ago, and other people have also commented on the possible need for it…

For me, at least, I have seen a huge need (and use) in production pipelines with anisotropy so I really really really hope this can get implemented because without it it works for something in the background but for a hero shot, it isn’t going to make the cut.