Mossy Log

Hi all,

This is a short project I made based on a reference image I found online. I used Graswald for the moss and Quixel textures for the log. Would be happy to receive your comments and critiques about this!

Thanks!

18 Likes

Love your lighting setup, it highlights the textures and shapes in a very gentle but definite way! I would say that the composition is strong- the placement of light and objects is engaging, and the colors/values are well defined. And, it also feels empty- besides the objects in the middle, there are no defined shapes anywhere, just repeating waves. I would recommend either making some variation in wave form/color to make a more fun, engaging, and less noisy pattern, or to add some additional objects to the scene so that the eye can wonder around more.

Overall, a beautiful work! Very calming to look at, and there is lots of detail to keep my attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, your words made my day! I did want to add more variations in the waves but I sorta forgot work them in towards the end. Will definitely consider your points if I revisit this project in the future :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like