Mother (Not an actual update. Responding to Broken.)

If anyone saw moonmoth, this is kind of a spiritual sequel. This is the robotic avatar of the computer system called ‘Mother’ that safeguards the underground complex in case the humans ever return for their experiments. It’s been 346.7 years.

Started the face, which didn’t take as long as I thought it would, maybe a few hours, then for the machine-work, i.e. everything else. I suck at mechanical modeling, but I have this idea stuck in my head and I need the practice anyway. The back/inside of her head isn’t done yet, by the way, I’ve worked in most of it, but I’ll still need to add a few bits and pieces, and some wiring.

I probably bit off more than I can chew with the ‘open concept’ design of her. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://zombiedog.spindash.net/mother/mother1.jpg

http://zombiedog.spindash.net/mother/mother2.jpg

Nice thus far. I’ve never been to good making robots and whatnot.

Looks kind of like Mancandy, facewise.

nice start

once again black, amazing… watching all you guys make these AMAZING things is great… i will definitely keep an eye on this project…

awsome job. I love the modeled gears and such in the back.

Nice start! Only one technical detail I would like to say: that big wheel in the head is for bicycle chain and not a gear wheel so you would have to have a chain to go with it. Otherwise great start!

Miro

very nicely done!

keep it up :yes:

Well done so far mate, if you suck at mechanical moelling, you are hiding it very well indeed. The only issue i have with this is that if you are modelling this to be viewed form all angles what camera angle will you choose for the finnished render?

Also, if this is going to be some kind of safeguard or guardian, then she had better be capable of kicking some serious ass to prevent human life from ever finding the hidden monster, or visa versa.

ha, sick stuff man, keep it up! Your stuff is getting better at exponential rates…

What are you smoking?

Hey dude…If u are smoking something…give me the name…coze I’ll smoke too hauhauhauhua…just kidding!!! :rolleyes:

Great work man!!!

Very nice, in fact that isnt even the best word for it, lol

I’ve been kind of out of the loop recently, 3D-wise, on account of my installation and subsequent tussling with the big L. Surprisingly, Linux isn’t even a quarter as hard as I thought it’d be, and Blender is a dream. Anyway, down to business.

FuzzMaster:
Yeah, it does, sorta. Probably because of the over-bite, but anyway, I fixed some of that.

Free_ality: Hah, you wish you knew. :stuck_out_tongue: Naw, seriously, these things just kind of occur to me, occasionally, and I do my best to work them out.

SpaceStrudel: Doh, I knew there was something wrong with it. Fixed.

TheANIMAL: I actually might animate it, to this end I’ve been modelling all the moving parts separately.

Everyone Else: Thanks, people. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, as it is, here. I’ve been trying to hack out an aesthetic for thing. Being a designer is friggin’ hard. Also, the foot-legs will probably be a little long and segmented for easier balancing.

http://zombiedog.spindash.net/mother/mother5.jpg

i’d really like to see an anim of the spinning cogs inside her head, really nice modelling.!

=]

I second that!

That’s some cool looking and inovative model. Great job so far.

I’m not sure about those feet you’ve talked about but I guess I’ll just wait and see what you had in mind.

wow, looking great, man. loving the clockwork brain.

Yeah this is great, i like the style, the gears in the head are great.
But the feet, they look a bit weird, they don’t really fit into the model, you know.
Everything is really cool, except these feet-things…^^
But keep it up.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see more.

The blocky form of the thing on her forehead doesn’t really fit with the otherwise smooth design
(at least on the outside part), in my opinion.

Keep going!
//Mathias

Man, still brilliant. Looking fine to me…

Really good…
Except maybe the legs and foots, but surely you have not achieve them.
I don’t really like the stuff she has at the top front of her head neither the kind of tencales
(but it’s a personnal opinion :wink: )

Anyway,
Bonne continuation !

Oh, they’re not tentacles, they’re sort of stylistic hair. Anyway, the feet/legs are still in limbo, so don’t take any of them for finished.

Oh, the M.h.p.e, I got rid of the square thing. It didn’t look that great, it was originally supposed to be something else, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve still been kind of slow recently, cause of the dreaded ‘other things in life’, but I’ve managed to finish a lot of the torso, aside from a couple support structures, and maybe one other thing. Now, mind, there’s no wiring in it or the head yet, cause I’m thinking of setting them up as attaching to curves or something when I rig them, or maybe some kind of soft-body setup per bundle, I dunno.

Anyway, here be.

http://zombiedog.spindash.net/mother/mother6.png

http://zombiedog.spindash.net/mother/mother7.png

EDIT: Oh, and there aren’t the flexor cables in the neck and lower torso yet. Those’ll be another thing I’ll figure out closer to animation time. The motors are there, though, and you can see the collar-bone framework, if you look.