Motor idea

I realize that perpetual motion is impossible, except, possibly under extreme conditions, such as, near perfect 0 and in a vacuum. But you’re very correct, that it is fun trying to be creative. I still plan on giving it a try lol.

OK a bit of linguistics here:

perpetual motion is impossible, except, possibly under extreme conditions,

Perpetual motion can not be both impossible and possible. :slight_smile:

I am a physicist. The name “permanent magnet” is the thing that is misleading here. No magnet is permanent. All magnets demagnetize over time. If you get a system of magnets to do work, then they will demagnetize in proportion to the work done. The best way to think about the magnets in the perendev motor is as batteries. When they are “fresh” the motor will run just like a DC motor with new batteries. After a while the magnets will “discharge” and the motor will stop. That is why the perendev motor is a fraud.

[edit] The other conceptual error (that I made myself initially) is to think that all the magnets continue to function as individual magnets. What happens when a collection of magnets is forced into proximity is that the individual magnetic fields merge into a single magnetic field. This will rearrange itself into the the lowest possible energy state that can exist for this arrangement of magnets. This means that even if there are movable parts - the rotor in this case - the system as a whole will rearrange itself into a static state - the rotor will always stop regardless of how hard the magnets are pushing against each other. To keep the rotor turning you need to keep pushing it out of the static position(s), i.e. supplying other energy. If the system is very well balanced and symmetrical - particularly that the individual magnets have nearly identical field strengths - the rotor may keep turning for quite a while, but it is running off the original push that got it moving. That is what is happening in all the youtube videos. In fact these system absorb energy not generate it - they are brakes not motors. And you will end up destroying your magnets.

How about an Orgone motor then?

http://www.linux-host.org/energy/bas101.htm

Lol, as much of a grammar nazi (not meant to offend) as I am, I’m surprised I didn’t catch that.

Nice to see someone with a title actually posting on here. So according to what you’re saying, they will discharge, just a matter of time. Is there any way to determine how much time it will take.

By chance say, I take two magnets both of the same size, say with a strength of 10 lbs of force, and pushed them together and left them that way, how long would it be before they demagnetized themselves?

If permanent magnets aren’t a smart way to approach this then what about my alternative idea, similar design, just make the ‘drive’ magnets, electromagnets and have them alternating, just like what drives a maglev train. then, would it be possible that you could get more energy than you put in or at least, near equal? I assume if you made both sets of magnets electromagnets that you’d get about equal of what you put in, but if you made one set of them electromagnets and the others regular magnets, you’d get more energy than you put in, with the expense of having to replace the regular magnets every so often.

Just curious, and I like being able to discuss my ideas with someone who knows what they’re talking about, even if I only halfway do.

I… wish I knew about this stuff a long time ago, however, I don’t have the slightest idea how you’d do something with it. But, at least it gives me something to think about. Will be reading up on this stuff now.

if you really want to pursue this you should check out zero point energy

proposed by old Einstein himself
also look into the Casimir Effect

bartric forget the haters, go make your engine! But this forum is not really the right place for feedback on this.

that how real electirc motors work except for one error you made, its impossible to get more energy than what you put in peroid. a simple brushed dc motor like you get in battery operated motors that power toys and stuff has a stationery permant magnet and a coil which is an electro magnet that gets powered by your batteries until the run dry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushed_DC_electric_motor

Its cool that you have an intrest in science but I think you should learn a little theory along with you tinkering it will help you understand how things work and how to to debunk most perpetual motion or free energy machines out there. Mechanical ones are usually the simplest ones to debunk but magnetic ones are not much work once you learn a thing or two about magnetic fields.

Eh, I need more science/mechanical knowledge I suppose. Too bad astronomy is more of my area of expertise. Thanks though :confused:

If you doing astronomy you are probably over qualified to debunk 90% of these machines. You just have to account for all energy sources and sinks.

Hey guys! Let’s think positively on the matter! When dreaming you should NOT refer to classic mechanics, classic phisycs, etc. When dreaming you should NOT always have in mind that somethinf won’t work but quite the oposite - that your machine WILL work! :slight_smile: When dreaming you should NOT restirict yourself to the level of knowledge available - otherwise NOTHING knew would be invented! Soooo let’s think that THIS magnetic drive will work OK! Even without the obvious need of putting into it new energy all the time so compensate resistance of the air, etc… I’d think that this drive will need some relatively small amount of energy to start, then - due to clever operation and trajectory, for example - it will take the required NEW energy from the Earth’s magnetic field! You may be suspission on that tactics but this may become a reality in the nearest future… See - NASA are using the forces of gravity to accelerate and change direction of flight of spaceships, satiletes, etc. You know that, right? I am sure there’s been somebody in NASA (before trying this technique) saying: “Listen, this is impossible, we need to carry tons of fuel, etc…”

Please be optimistic and let the designer (inventor) finish his excellent work! Im hoping to see a great improvement on that very soon!!! :spin:

Regards,

Omg, you’re an eff-in’ genius. You’re definitely my favorite person on here. That probably made more sense than my existence. Thank you. And you’re 100% right about what you said.

:eyebrowlift2::eyebrowlift2::eyebrowlift2: you have no clue what you are talking about but carry one this kind of amusing in a way

Well… such a motor is kind-of possible. But anywhere close to Earth’s surface, it isn’t. It’ll never happen on Earth’s surface.

If you’ve ever played any of the Halo installments you will know that the series is about a war, based on a massive ring planet, which creates Earth-like gravity out of centrifugal force alone, derived out of it’s own rotation. That rotation will be self sustaining until the ring is disrupted, i.e an exoplanet destroying a section of the ring in a collision. The rotational energy is massive, unquantifiable by any modern-day human technology, simply due to the fact that the centrifugal force is strong enough to equal Earth’s gravity. This could serve as an almost infinite energy source, except for the fact that the siphoning of the rotational energy is most likely going to slow down the ring-world’s rotation.

But, say you build such a structure around a supermassive black hole and on a colossal scale, say ~1000 light-years circumference. Potentially the black hole’s gravitational force could sustain the engine’s rotation. A feature would be ~ 250 diagonal arms reaching in to the core in a spiral formation with their angle corresponding to the black hole and the galaxy’s rotation, with decreasing, then increasing mass based on the proximity to the core. Perhaps that could aid to increase rotation, perhaps even exponentially, allowing for the decrease in rotational energy that energy-siphoning would produce.

Eventually, of course, the black hole will die due to Hawking-radiation, but that is 10 ‘to the power of 100’ years after when basic atoms and protons decay, based on the ‘heat-death’ doomsday scenario. So, it’s probably as close to infinite,safe energy as you’ll ever really get.

Maybe I went a little too in-depth here, since I’m still in high-school. Therefore I don’t actually have the theory knowledge to have a sufficiently realistic,stable idea of how the whole thing would or wouldn’t work, and yet again therefore everything I just said is pure speculation. But it may have potential, right?

haunt_of_dawn

I’m not giving you a hard time, really, but it just doesn’t work like that
creative thinking though
you can’t get something from nothing, even if you pull energy from a massive energy source and it’s energy loss is un-noticable, you’re still getting it from somewhere
matter and energy can be neither created nor destroyed, you can just move them around
before you get into the nuclear reaction thing your just converting matter to energy through the old E-mc^2 principle
a little more time on the old physics homework:D

you guys check this out, it’s a whole college physics class where they use no math and just talk about things in principle
If you like this stuff you’ll love the videos

title page
http://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/physics10/pffp.html

videos
http://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/physics10/pffp.html

edit: they used frames so the second link didn’t work
just click on Fall 2009 lectures on the left side of the page

You can rely on that, guys! Human’s fantasy is limitless and we are ALL here with the intention to prove it! :cool:

Hi there!

I’ve just published in the “Finished projects” section here my work following my posting #33 above.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/b8ebe0ef74e3e24f3743c7e1b1be4d436g.jpg

Here is a direct link to the video at YouTube. :wink:

Regards,