Movies for textures?

Can someone please tell me how to use a movie file or avi or whatever format it needs to be as a texture. For example i could make a model of a TV and then have a movie play on the screen. Thanks for any help :smiley:

easy:

create a texture and choose image. Then load the movie and press the ā€˜movieā€™ button. you then have to fill in the length of the movie and the start frame in the fields which you will see. Thatā€™s all!

if you want to make it as a tv, just put a plane where the screen is, create a material for it and then follow the steps above.

good luckā€¦

d52477001

Well that is what i tried figuring that is all that you had to do but Blender keeps saying ā€œError:Not an animationā€ whenever i pick an avi file. Is there a certain type of file that Blender can only use?

Only those it can produce, Iā€™d bet :stuck_out_tongue:

So, try an AVI Raw or AVI Jpeg

Stefano

if you have Blender 2.25, you can input/output all the formats with an installed Codec.

Martin

Ack Iā€™ve been using 2.23 for a while now, I didnā€™t realize there was a 2.25, is there somewhere i can download it from?

as of now, 2.25 was only avalaible to Publisher liscence owners, but members of the Free Blender Federation (those who payed the 50$ membership) should recieve it soon too.

Martin

Hiya,

I was just searching out tutes on google and came accross this and rememberd seeing this question in the QnA section here.

http://www.upperfold.com/blenderdv.shtml

Does this help?

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

Oh right on man thanks alot!! :smiley: :smiley:

I had no idea you could do that!! LOL, thatā€™s cool, see you can learn something new every day :wink:

thanks for the question and answer ā€¦ and now, If only Iā€™d actually work my way through my BlenderBook, LOLā€¦