MP4 Saturated colours

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help

I rendered a sequence of PNG’s and they look exactly how they should - however when converted to an MP4 (FFMPEG, MPEG-4, Perpetually Lossless, Good) using the blender video sequencer, the colours look saturated. I’ve played around with the colour management, used OpenEXR instead of PNG’s and used differen’t media players to play the final result, none of which solve the issue.

When I convert the PNG sequence into Raw AVI the colours are correct, but this file format is too large for my needs.

Would be great if anyone could help

Thanks

I think I may have had this issue before.

When you were messing with color management, were you doing so in the Render Properties or in the Video Output properties? It’s the Render Properties that will actually change the look of your image sequence. As far as I could tell the Video Output’s color management doesn’t affect much.
In the Render Properties you want to make sure the view transform is set to standard. It’ll keep the images as they are.

Hope this is what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Hi KamauKianjahe,

Thanks for your reply

Yes render properties set to standard (I’ve also tried filmic and other options just incase) and still the issue persists

Howeber I just started the 7 day free trial with After effects and using the same sequence of PNG’s rendered a MP4 file. All colours are correct and as expected.