Mr. Incredible

This is a thing i should learn.

Hey guys. Fixed the weight painting issue. Must have just been a temporary glitch with my computer or something because it now works, not that I’m very skilled at using it. Anyway, I’ll post an update in a while.

Cheers.

OK brows are completely weight painted but its being a right ass when it comes to weight painting I should really take a tutorial. Anyway, the brows are done.

Sorry for the teerrible lighting.

Attachments

Brilliant, I love it so far. Just one thing, the second expression looks as if the brows are deflated.

i had noticed that, trying to figure it out.

Looks good so far, but the brows do kind of dissapear in the second expression…

Can’t wait to see it finished :slight_smile:

Hey guys. I’ve completely re thought the whole setup. Now the face is run from IPO drivers and shapes, to create much better and move controlled deformation. I will post a render when my computer stops being an idiot.

Cheers.

Great job! The only crit I would have so far is the chin is a little too big/rounded for the original movie. he had less of a “crecent” style face than what you have. but good job on all the expressions and I wish you the best of luck on modeling the body!

P.S. you may want to submit a pic to Pixar to show them that Blender is as good as whatever they use up there :slight_smile:

~Jace

Great idea about Pixar Jace but um… I’d bit a little bit afraid that they would sue my arse!

Or hire you to work on the sequel. :wink:

Ooh! I like that idea.

Cool Model! I like it! :smiley:

Why you didn’t use key shapes for face animation???
Is it easyer to use bones instead???

Ok, here the deal. I rigged this fella first using keyshapes like, eyeborw up, eybrow down, smile and so on but found that I was very limited in the expression I could make with this rigging.
I then re-rigged it using bones as sort of hooks, but couldn’t get deformations the way I wanted.
Now I’m going back to Shapes but having shapes that define only small areas of the mess, like four points along the eyebrow each have an up and down key shape and the one on the bridge of the nose also has a frown and so on.