Mr Lucky

@chipmasque: thank u mate , i wanted to choose old references with some interesting backround , :slight_smile:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattison's_whisky , http://www.rustycans.com/HISTORY/heurich.html.
@Tonatiuh : thank u ! i appreciate :wink: this project has gone a long way with ur feedback !

and here is another test render ! the backround is almost here !!!

Attachments

All very nice save the finish on the old radio, it looks very, well, procedural. Not the wood grain or varnished sheen but the stains and blooms that distress it. I understand the intent but it’s not as convincing as all the rest, which is rather wonderful.

thznk u ! i tried to go as randome as i can here ,using different maps ! but i agree with u , i think that i’d gone heavy on the stain layer !i’m going to break it with another map , and reduce the opacity! thank u i relly need ur seconde look here ! i’m trying to rotate between the modeles to keep a fresh eye but i think that i’m somehow a little tired :wink: thank u mate !

Hey ! I need some help here friends, i m tweaking over and over my modles… When do u call urs finished ??

Well… don’t ask me, I never really finish anything yet, and one I though I had finish it to realize latter I really didn’t… so… you know…

Radio unrestoration ! :slight_smile:

Attachments

hello everyone !
still working on the radio unrestoration !! this metalic part was somehow difficult to achive !
an old brushed brass with copper patina !
please let me know what u think , feedback is most welcome !
see u around

Attachments

That is some crazy detail!!! I love the glass. Maybe you can put some bump or hole from some impact, in the metal, so it seams “abused” over time. Shader side of things, I don’t know how you can achieve that, so no help from me, but is seams pretty great.

a step further in the unrestoration of this guy !!
i studied a lot of reference to get this old wood material !
as usual , ur crits ,and feedback is precious ! :slight_smile:

Attachments

The wood is very close to perfect, as seen in post #47. The increased displacement/grain relief of post #50 is overdoing it, I think – the varnish applied to such appliances would prevent the kind of erosion in the grain structure it shows. #47 looks almost exactly like the cabinet of the old console my parents once owned, only the wear on the corners & edges is more pronounced than I recall. But that is not a drawback, my parent’s set was very well-preserved for its age, such greater wear does not seem overdone.

I envy your metalwork!

@chipmasque @Tonatiuh : thank u for the very positive feedback all along this project ! ur comment is highly appreciated ! thank to u i enjoy this work even more !
i think that my bump map on the wood is to strong ,and not enough on the metal part ! sometime i just get out of scale !! the radio dimension is about 30.20.18 cm i have to take that in count i think !!
anyway thanks for all who posted a comment here !

Radio update :
this guy is taking a lot of time !!
i was unable to find a good decal image , so i take the time to draw it ! i have to add the galss yet
i look at it for a long time so i cant tell if it is ok now !
i need ur fresh eyes friends !
please tell me what u think !
see u around :wink:

Attachments

I really like it! you have done a fantastic job!
The only thing that don’t seem to fit is the grid for the speaker, it has some kind of pattern and it is too clean and perfect. that need some dirt/dust! and some oxidation or something (I really don’t know what I’m talking about hehe)
But hey man! that is just awesome!

Hello there !
a painfull shoulder keep away from this project for some time ! i m going better so here i am !
another piece to add to the project : the colt single action army 1st generetion ! a mythic revolver !
i rarely do hardsurface modeling…
this guy has all the parts ! i dont know how to rig it !! :frowning:
the materials is some basic shaders …i need to work on it soon !
tell me what u think ! see u around !

Attachments

wow! you can do anything (or everything) you want! congrats!!!
I hope your shoulder gets better and better!

a render of the peacemaker ! the materials seem ok fo me , but i need some feedback befor calling this guy finished !

Attachments

sorry ! it’s somehow discusting here !!! but i needed some cockroaches in my scene !
very simple sculpt !
see u around !

Attachments

You are an army on your own!! what an amount of different things you can produce with stunning good results!
Are you going to make different poses for the cockroaches? and color variations?

@Tonatiuh thank u man ! it will be seen from distance ,so i wont spend a lot of time on it ! so maybe a litlle variantion in the poses !