MSMesher

video uploaded …check first post after 30 minutes (conversion time) :slight_smile:

Both not working (404), video nor download… :wink:

fixed the link …video is still uploading…like 10 more minutes

Looks nice from the video, I will test it out as soon as my windows machine stops rendering.

Did you find the solution for calling python function between frame at rendertime ?

yea I have overcome all these little problems :slight_smile:
go download it and watch the video at first post

I have tried out the Alpha and can offer some feedback. Overall I can not get it to work, it keeps crashing because I do not have the same software installed that you have.(I assume).

MyDLL = ctypes.CDLL(dll_name)

Also, you are not storing variable in the objects itself so each time I open up the scene again, I have to re-program the mesher with my previous values.

You can approximate this same concept by using a metaball as a particle with a standard particle system.

Metaball is slow , memory consuming and unusable with more than 30-40k particles. I test the MSMesher with 100k particles and it’s easy to setup and it’s very fast ( approx 1sec per frame to mesh and I don’t have cuda video card ).

Thanks Mohamed ! I currently simulated a Beach waves with SPH ( fluid particles ) pushing a balloon ( my Molecular Addon ). Nears to 350k particles ! :slight_smile: So it’s can a be a good test for you mesher ! UV’s transfert is not here yet ?

EDIT: The add of filters is very NICE !!!

Super quick test shows this is indeed very fast on a simple scene (5k particles) , I also note that when I reset the file the MsMesher UI does not show, I need to restart blender - maybe a bug here?
I tested on a laptop w/ no CUDA.

For me it’s working fine with the Blender default cube with default particles system apply on it ( I boost it to 100k ) … but just the first time. After that it’s not working anymore … no error message in the console , just processing nothing ( cpu stay low in process and can change frame really fast even with 100k particles now ).

EDIT: Okay probably because I don’t follow your instruction correctly by activating both addon and save it has user preferences. But same things fo me , I need to close Blender for meshing new things,

wow really interesting! I will give it a try as soon as I can! Thanks a lot!

Hmm, is there a linux version available?

well let me answer some questions:

what I did…about “initializer” there was a problem with Blender registering the DLL …so I have to “execute” the addon with the initializer each time blender starts,and DISABLE it each time blender stops …so that it work (but the penalty is that you won’t get the settings saved),but if you cache your data …you can just create a simple mesh and do readonly for the filename

second note:this mesher uses CPU only,I abandoned OpenCL and CUDA …because of copy data problem (will be with the same speed as this one)

it is now only for win 7/8 64bit,will try to release other versions soon (once I know how to do that…)

Hi Mohamed,

thanks so much for your effort! Your implementation work is really appreciated and I’d like to encourage you to visit the devs on IRC #blendercoders to chat about a possible integration into the trunk once you’re happy with your test results.

Apart from that, there was a gsoc last year that implemented and condensed many opengl methods (not merged yet). You could maybe help to improve the work with the original student and discuss a jump to a newer OGL version - with all pros and cons. If you’re experienced in it, just try… :wink:

Greetings, Thomas

well,you can convert this voxel texture to particles data?
so if you have 10 millions voxels,convert them to particles positions and use the addon

will support voxels (by Allah well) in the future

Hope CoDEManX and Atom can revise it,as there are many parts of the code kinda “hard coded”

it is very easy and straight forward to understand how the code is working

about the “code” itself,as I’m not expert in python yet, is there any pitfalls? I want to make it better,crash-less (don’t know why it crashes,it has never crashed here,just slowing down or do nothing :smiley: )

Unfortunatly I can’t use it for my 350k particles waves beach , I don’t have enough memory for the resolution ( 6gig ). :frowning:

you got size factor in the mesher …make the voxel size bigger (less resolution) and increase the size factor so it can find a good size to mesh

Yes I know but … it’s not what I want :wink: If I cannot mesh it to get enough resolution , it’s useless to simulate 350K particles. I can’t imagine how I can mesh my 2millions particles beach wave simulation. :frowning: . My home computer don’t have enough memory (6gig) for this kind of job. At work , my computer have 24gig. I probably try it at job

Wondering how Realflow dev solved this? There you can easily Mesh 1-2 Million on standard PC…