multi sided figure

Maybe that’s the problem, if the image texture in the texture panel for the red material is the truck, then changing it to the numbered UV image might fix things…

OK, in order for ANY texture to render, you have to load that texture from the texture panel. Have a look at the attached image. The first circle indicates where you have to select "image"as the type of texture. The second circle is where you have to load that image. Click this button and browse to the UV image and press Select Image. The texture should render now! Your problem wasn’t with UV mapping(which is not something just for experts), it was with texturing in general. The reason your object showed the texture in textured view was because in the ‘Game’ menu, you have Blender Multitexture Materials selected. This uses textures that are loaded into the UV/Image editor for realtime texture mapping. Selecting Blender GLSL Materials(if you computer supports GLSL) will display textures the way they will be rendered.

Another thing I saw was that all the normals are facing inwards… this is my mistake, the file I gave you had this problem. To fix it, go into editmode, select everything, and press Ctrl+N and OK the pop-up. This wasn’t an issue for rendering, since the normals were all facing the same direction and rendering renders both sides of a face, but for the realtime texture mapping where only the front of each face is rendered, this would have resulted in inverse lighting, which might look strange.

I hope this clears everything up, if not let me know, and PLEASE don’t get frustrating by UV mapping. Maybe instead of jumping into projects relying on texturing, work on modeling or lighting, and try to learn about texturing in the meantime.

Here is a project I completed fairly recently: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5420/stonehouse.jpg EVERYTHING is textured using UVs! If you take the time to figure it out, it will help you out a lot if you plan on doing projects where texturing is involved:yes:!

Attachments

Thanks renderer10
s’funny i always used those image setting you showed for the ‘old’ way of texturing.
so at least i will remember that bit!

Attachments