I’ve been playing with a newly tweaked version of alpha 4 and it’s looking good! All position, rotation, scale and modifiers seemed to be preserved! The only bug I’m encountering now is that objects that have their material assigned to the “object” instead of “object data” lose their material assignment when coming out of multiedit mode. Interestingly, it seems that object material assignments that are set to “object” are getting changed to “object data” by the script. No errors are getting produced though so that’s awesome!
I did some further poking, trying to break things. I went into multiedit mode and started selecting faces and changing material assignments. When I exited multiedit mode, the original material assignments were restored, and I lost my new material assignments.
Poked around further and tried bridging meshes together in multiedit. When I exited multiedit, the script separated the new joined mesh into the 2 original meshes, plus a new mesh for the new geometry that I created. I also lost the scale values on the original meshes involved in the bridging operation. In all honesty, I’m ok with this, since I was technically creating a new mesh by combining 2 meshes together and the script still managed to deal with this in a pretty elegant way without producing errors.
All in all, this is turning into a really kick ass solution to edit multiple objects together in blender! I hope this new verison gets posted up here (or antoni4040 gives me permission to post it) so everyone else can battle test it too!