Multiple Scenes + Line Art

I’m working on a series of animations all having the same line art style, so I’m creating different Blender scenes for each sequence (all in the same blend file). But I’m having trouble sharing some things between scenes. For example, how can I easily copy my line art grease pencil object – along with all of its modifiers – to each new scene? If I simply link the object to the new scene, the modifier input for the target object will be wrong. In my first scene, I’m applying the line art style to a scene collection. After linking the grease pencil to a new scene, this input value will be wrong because the new scene doesn’t have the same scene collections. I’d like to use linking to keep my grease pencil settings consistent across scenes, but I don’t see any way make it work.

I played around a bit and for me it looks like this is buggy.
In 3.0.0 for example if i create a new scene with “New”, i am not able to add any greasy pencil to an object in that new scene. It works only for the default scene.

Try the latest blender version if you can and look it that is working.

There are several solutions.

• You can create a linked copy of scene with all objects in same collection, but with a different display of objects in each scene.
  • Or you can use 2 different GP Objects, one per scene and edit them as one by creating drivers.
    You use one to drive the other. In your workspace, you will have to pin a Properties editor, relative to the main object driving the other one, to avoid lost of properties display, while switching from one scene to another.
  • Or you can use 2 different GP Objects, link them in each scene and edit them as one through multi-object editing.
    If they are in same scene ; you can select both, press alt key while modifying a value, or do a right click copy to selected after a change.
1 Like

Sounds like the first option is best for me. I will test and report back. Thanks.