Multiple Texture maps, Single Material?

Hi all, I have a mesh with multiple uv maps, so they use different textures, I am wondering if its possible to have a single material so i dont have to copy all the settings from one another all the time.

I have tried to juste change the mapping to the 2 different uv maps in the texture settings, it doesnt seem to work, the influence drives which texture is the strongest, but its not treated as separate…what am i doing wrong?

Try just duplicating the material and texture by clicking the number 2 next to the name of the material and texture. You now have duplicated both with all the same settings, should be like material.001 now. Same with the texture, texture.001. Then just assign the vertices to the duplicated material.001. In the new material texture settings, use the duplicated texture.001 and change the uvmap under mapping. I hope I understand what you are asking. Hope that works for you.

I don’t think you can have multiple uv texture maps on the same material. Maybe I should of just said that to begin with.

My first uv mapping (red texture) is not assigned properly but still.

1. cycles, 2. BI
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]189789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]189790[/ATTACH]http://misc.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com//pencil.png

did not now about that button, its kinda like a make unique, definitely faster than doing by hand. but yeah the node way seems like what I am looking for, gonna give it a try, thanks guys.

Nodes could be a bit confusing with BI so I did another one without nodes, used external texture images instead of painting them in texture paint and mapped them correctly. I also added pointers to the image to be more clear.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189799[/ATTACH]

In the pic I’ve set the uv maps so that only desired parts of the uv’s are on the image. I set the image extension to clipping ,so it doesn’t overflow to the area where unwanted parts of the uv’s are, and texture coordinates map to their uv maps.

JA12,

I had no idea using the clip option would allow one to just move the unwanted surfaces off the image map. I guess I just assumed blender would just repeat the texture. I have always created a new material and texture. I will have to start using this technique in the future. Thanks for the tip!

d_riddic, no problem.
There’s always something new to learn. I’ve missed a lot of things that are way more obvious than that. Like with ngons, bmesh build arrived and I was thinking of how to check for ngons because face counts don’t tell that information - I went for addon (meshlint), it does that and more but what I hadn’t noticed before is that select menu has an option to select with number of vertices and gives different options for it.