Multiplug - short animation

A very short music video I did this week. I modelled just a few parts knowing I could combine them with array modifiers and different colours to create variations. I then spent an entire afternoon experimenting with grease pencil and rigid body physics to draw cables that would stay out of each other’s way. That kinda worked but by the end I scrapped it all and just used curves, manually adjusting them so they wouldn’t intersect.
The fun bit was syncing the objects’ placement and the camera speed with the lyrics.

I did everything with 3.0 alpha but then came across this bug so had to go back to 2.93 for rendering. It’s all done with EEVEE, but still had to render the last chunk separately because my computer only has 4GB of ram.