multires mesh editing

I have a face mesh with multires enabled. Somewhere along the line while i was editing the mesh i made changes to one side that i need to apply to the other somehow. is there a way to edit the mesh somehow so that i can do this without losing any of my multires levels? i dont necessarily need to add/remove any vertices, just make all the verts on one side mirror that of the other, but dont know how.

Although I haven’t yet learned to use mutli-res, I’m guessing that creating a mirror modifier or enabling “x-axis mirror” in “Mesh tools 1” (Edit mode > Buttons Window > F9) could both do the job. When I’m modelling, I usually use the mirror modifier.

To mirror sculpting on the x axis, turn on X under symmetry in the Sculpt tab. In general, to mirror modeling, delete half the mesh and add a mirror modifier, then apply the mirror modifier when you’re done with the symmetrical editing.

Although I haven’t yet learned to use mutli-res, I’m guessing that creating a mirror modifier or enabling “x-axis mirror” in “Mesh tools 1” (Edit mode > Buttons Window > F9) could both do the job. When I’m modelling, I usually use the mirror modifier.[\quote]
i tried that, but it gave me very odd artifacts.

[quote]To mirror sculpting on the x axis, turn on X under symmetry in the Sculpt tab. In general, to mirror modeling, delete half the mesh and add a mirror modifier, then apply the mirror modifier when you’re done with the symmetrical editing.

I know, while i was sculpting i somehow turned off x-axis symmetry without knowing it, and did a lot of editing. Manually mirroring the mesh was what i tried first, but you are unable to do any editing past simple movement of vertice without applying a miltires level to the mesh and thus losing all of your multires levels, which i am trying not to do.

perhaps i am screwed.

i call it multires to. read mul-tires. i dunno why sounds cooler and makes no sense to me that way. i think you are skrewed unfortunatly. live and learn.

as the tramalfadorians would say
so it goes.