"Mundane" Render

It looks so natural, very good. Wouldn’t believe she is a rendering… definitely well over the uncanny valley.

Excuse me sir, would you kindly add the wireframe view (without x ray) so we can share this amazing job and the capabilities of blender?

im hella impressed

This is amazing! Your disposable camera look and the color on her legs and face really are impressive. Are you available for any commission work?

Great work. I’ve posted your link in BlenderArtists on FB I am administrating and the response is amazing. Do you have an ArtStation portfolio or website?

First of all, amazing! :100: As silly as it sounds, I think that random toy robot adds a lot to the believablity of the scene. I think it’s the quality and color of the plastic. If you could fix the woman’s eyebrows (too thick or something) and her right side hair (too straight/uniform) then I might not be able to tell it was a render. As is usually the case, women would love to have their hair look that uniform, but it usually has a few imperfections or clumps and the sheen of the lighting isn’t spread out so much. Also, the hair is falling straight down with the orientation of the camera, but of course the camera is tilted, so the hair would be floating in the actual scene and not affected by gravity. The brain catches on to little problems like this in a scene and makes it harder to accept as real.

Shocking!!!

Scratch this, they just took a picture of a girl sitting on a chair. If they didn’t then this is an incredible job!

wow great job ¡¡¡¡ What programs did you use, friend, could you tell us?

I think her eyes need to add a bit more detail, specifically at the sides of the eyes.

If not, it would seem that she is a doll.

Incredible work :+1:

I’m in the “it’s a photo” camp. Very nice work, @Blitter :+1: I’m looking forward to more of your work!

To all those who say otherwise, I’m calling you all out. Context is everything and if this image was posted anywhere else on the squinternet, I’m betting nobody would have been the wiser.

Happy New Year, everybody! :hearts: :clinking_glasses: 2020, glad to see you go!

All,
Thanks for all the comments and appreciate the suggestions for areas to improve, too. I’ll definitely take those into account when working on my next finished pieces. For now, here’s some random ‘unfinished’ project renders…tried the model with a pink wig for kicks, but it’s too shiny. Anyhow don’t light me up with the problems on these renders… I know they need work… but figured I’d post anyhow :slight_smile:

Have a great New Years!

B

24 Likes

That’s cray cray! Nice poses. In the 1st image though, her left eye (our right) looks open too much and the hair doesn’t look as good as the others.

But if you go for the wig, maybe I would suggest cutting the hair off just above the shoulders.

That expression top right is really interesting.

Happy New Years.

One word: How?

Fantastic work. You are my hero!!!

Which textures? Character was done in Substance and Blender Texture Paint.

This looks great! I really like the composition and nice call back to the 70’s robot in the background. Couldn’t remember the name.

This is amazing work!
It sort of reminds me of the paintings of Norman Rockwell for some reason. Probably your lighting and texturing.
Upon closer examination, the hair shading looks off a bit. Not sure what it is exactly, but I think it’s the grain.
But overall, very well done! I thought it was a photograph at first.

WAW! Almost unbelievable realism ! This looks like an old polaroid photo.
Not very charming or attractive, not really beautiful, a bit boring … but I think that is what you tried to achieve, so … absolutely A GREAT JOB !!!