Museum Maze - NV23 - 05

Nodevember 2023 - 05 - Museum Maze

3D maze generator built with geometry nodes, making use of the simulation zone and the new repeat zone.

It can fill a given area with a maze, adding stairs and decorations according to a set of rules.

Workbench render

Some variations

Geometry nodes

45 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

This looks really cool!

2 Likes

Thank you Bart!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

My braiiiin hurt :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is plain and simply awesome. I had big hopes for the repeat zone to be used for that kind of purposes and I am now fully reassured. The node tree is not that big, too.

Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I think the repeat zone opens up some interesting possibilities!

By the way I remember I was really inspired by your Desert Castle when I was starting my geometry nodes journey :smile:

1 Like

Hehe I’m glad we all emulate and motivate each other here :slight_smile: Thanks again for sharing this !

I also have a big interest in maze generation, and was waiting for the repeat zone to update my addon to make use of it https://github.com/Gorgious56/MazeGenerator

I’m really glad to see that it’s possible and quite elegantly looking at your node graph !

Cheers

1 Like

Your addon is amazing, so many options! I will definitely play around with it when I have some time.

Looking forward to what you can do with the repeat zone, I’m sure you can create a better setup than mine since I don’t know much about mazes :grin:

A ‘MAZE’ ing !! really - well done.

1 Like