Music video I made a while ago. 100% made with Blender. Eevee. Lots of grease pencil

10 Likes

Very cool and funky :)) i love it. Track is great too! (But i don’t get a word…)
Nice, you put also the cube :)) now we believe you that it was made in Blender:))

Great work man, great work!

1 Like

Yeah. The cube, umm sorry… THE DEFAULT CUBE deserves it’s place in every video made in Blender.

A lot of nice ideas inside. Some really interesting camera moves. Perhaps a little a bit more work on the main character animations … but anyway…cool

1 Like

I was thinking about the following:

Blender has the best free publicity. Hidden or straight publicity!

I remember back at university, having that Autodesk logo on all my printed work, just because I used the Student Edition was really annoying. Same for Dassault V4/5 editions. Printing anything on paper or on PDF meant having that border with the logo.

But when it comes to Blender; somehow, not only I like people to know that I made it in Blender but I want people to know that it is good software and they should try it also.

I wonder in 5 years time or maybe 10 if anybody will still say made in Blender. I mean the new kids in the bloc.

Or is it just the Open Source community: Like made in GIMP/ Inkscape /LibreOffice that has this desire to show that free is the best?

Hey! Thanks!. Glad that you like it. About the main characters…Tell me about it! There’s lot of screw ups in the 3d animations area. I would gladly fix them already.
It’s just - I 've been working as a 2d animator for last few years. When new Blender kicked in with the grease pencil feature I decided to give it a try. Then I realized that 3d animation is kind of cool as well, and started to dig it. Generally speaking - when it comes to 3d animation I’m still a noob. But practice is the best way to learn, right?

I think it’s a way to give the developers well deserved respect. I mean - “Hey! You made a hell of a software - It’s brilliant, and it’s free to use - I will shout out loud my respect by giving Blender a credit everywhere I can”

2 Likes

Impressive little video. You managed to keep it interesting and engaging (I tend to have short attention span). And I loved integration of the grease pencil parts!

1 Like