My attempt at a Gorgeous Garden

Woohoo, Nodevember is here.

For Gorgeous Garden I made a geometry node setup that creates a branching creeper vine, that attaches itself to objects within a given collection, and then populates it with instances of filler objects, like leaves or in this case small branches to make the thing more bushy.

My objective here was just to make my own take on the Ivy Generator, combining what I learned from different people and my own experiments. Once Nodevember is over I will come back to this to clean up, optimize, and increase custom control. I’m pretty sure I can get a lot of mileage from this :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to the crazy cool stuff other people are gonna make this year :slight_smile:

Made in Blender 3.5, rendered in Cycles.

35 Likes

That’s awesome! Great work :smiley:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much😊

śr., 15 lis 2023, 07:11 użytkownik Bart Veldhuizen via Blender Artists Community <[email protected]> napisał:

1 Like

You are a master of the dark arts. Amazing.

If it is not a hassle I would love to see a few viewport captues of different shapes on which it grows with/without the setup applied. Just to understand it a bit better - I am not as fluent at reading “node” as I wish I was :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jonathan.

I’m glad you like it. I don’t see why not. I was travelling the last couple of days, but as soon as I find a peaceful moment I will throw up a few images with an explanation on how this works.

I’m honestly supprised and grateful for how well people received this.

By the way, this is the best compliment an aspiring Dark Lord could wish for :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

No rush at all. Take all the time in the world!

1 Like

Hi again.

As promised here’s a few screencaps, along with the input options for the Geometry Tree.

Iterations controls how many time the branches will divide and grow in a random direction.
Branch density and Branch min distance are inputs for Poisson disk point generation.
Max creep distance determines how far from the target geometry the creep has to be in order to stick to it.

I hope this helps. I’m hoping to upload a more thorough explanation of the whole tree soon.

1 Like