My Favorite Band -- Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

I am the sort of person who often has a difficult time finding music that truly fits me as a person. Most of the time I don’t really like the popular music that’s often played on the radio, and since I live in a tiny area there really aren’t any good radio choices – therefore, I haven’t really been exposed to a lot of really good music.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a lot of music, but I can list only a few examples of extraordinary music. I use to always dread when people asked me what my favorite band was, because I had no good answer. This now changed. I can, without a doubt, now say what my favorite band is – Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

I’ve heard of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones before, when I was still in school, but I had never really listened to their music before. The sound of their music is as I would describe myself – eclectic, unique, unconventional yet classic. I love the blends of musical styles – jazz, bluegrass, and sounds entirely their own. It’s so energetic. I see it as the one style of music I could actually be able to be productive while listening to, because it makes me move faster and think clearer. It’s powerful music.