My first project for a low poly game - I need your advices :))

Hello, I am a beginner to Blender, and I am attempting to create some decent looking world, because I would like to create a low poly game in UE4. Could you please give me some remarks based on my render? (I am new here so I can post only one image for now) Would you like to play a game in this atmosphere and environment? - the more opinions you give me, the better. Thank you very much, I appreciate your comments. :))

8 Likes

Hello. There is some mismatching stuffs in your picture. Ex: why the grey rocks are smooth and have a different color from the mountain they are lying to? Did someone bring it here with an heavy transporter ? And they are at the center of the frame.
The univers is cute. But not credible with this kind of details.
House are really detailed but cliffs on there background not.

Okay, thank you for your opinion - I will add some more rocks matching those which are surrounding the scene - nevertheless if you look under the mill, there’s also a part of the rocky cliff that matches those rocks. But about the roughness - I will definitely work on it, thank you! :smile:

1 Like

I m happy that you take it as a constructive critic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh definitely, you are more experienced than me, thank you :slight_smile:

Will it be a third / first person game. Which distance ll be the camera from the character? This kind of answers ll drive you to the level of detail you need.

Well I wanted to make it a 1st person duel-game with some elements of crafting. But I am also considering the 3rd person one, which one would you advice for that purpose more? UE4 has got both settings enabled…

As i told you before, your post ll find more advices in game engine part of the forum.
I had a project like this few years ago. Duel in first person and public network room in third. Mixed with cinematic. So if you want both .you ll have to manage this two kinds of template.

Ah, okay - I can see it now - game engine section. I will ask there as you suggest, I am new here so I may ask stupid questions.

There is no stupid questions. Don’t asking is stupid.
I can move your post to game engine if you want

Can you? I thought I would have to repost it myself, but if you could give me a helpful hand I’d appreciate it - please move it there if you could. :))

But before you do, please let me know how to find it there lol :smiley:

moving you to game-engine work in progress- game demo
you can access it on the main page.

I like the style you created, there is a strong contrast between the landscape and the props in the world. But if you want to create a first-person game I think you should provide a screenshot with the same perspective.

Thank you for your comment, sure I will attach the 1st person view - this is how it would look, you think it’s a good choice for this kind of game? Like I said, I want to make a system of duels with some elemrnts of crafting. Moreover - is UE4 a good choice?

I think the atmosphere is compelling and it’s a start! You want to use UE4, for sure you can create this with UE4 but unity will be suited as well. To give an answer about this environment depends on the kind of duels you have in mind? What is it that make you doubt ?

why isnt this in the artwork section? if you want people to see it, ask a @moderators to move it.

most of us here answer tech questions, not how to make stuff pretty.

1 Like

As it currently stand, you could argue that its supposed to be in artwork. However, given that the OP intends to turn it into a game i think its fine to keep it in the game engine section. Either one is fine by be to be honest.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion - I am totally new here so I am not sure which section would be a better choice, but as you said, I am going to turn it into a game and probably will ask many times for your advices, so maybe it’s going to be a better idea to keep it here. Thank you once again :))

one thing to keep in mind, #artwork:works-in-progress and #artwork:focused-critiques both recieve far more traffic than the game section of the forum. Perhaps moving it would provide you with more traffic unless you’re specifically asking for help related to the game engine, or the process of transporting it into a game engine.

1 Like