My first project😁

14 Likes

Welcome to BA!

That’s very nice, especially for a first.

3 Likes

Thank you
I watched some tutorials for that btw.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much❤️

Better than my first project!

1 Like

So I watched good tutorials😁

Hey, it’s a very important part of learning!

On a side note, definitely don’t develop too much of complex about tutorials. You don’t want to remain too dependent on them, but on the other hand there isn’t a single project I’ve completed, I’m working on, or I’ve given up on, that hasn’t used at least one tutorial. Imo it’s a sign of growth. After 3 years of seriously learning 3D as a generalist I try to have at least one element in a project I’ll need to learn for and a few elements I can point to and say “I did that all by myself”.

Disclaimer: I’m a hobbyist and I have a non-traditional 3D job (Creating VR environments for my university). I don’t work at a studio or anything (yet). Maybe someone with way more experience will say differently.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
In this point that I am right now I really can use a advise.:pray:t2:

1 Like

Tutorials are great, especially if you manage to find a series by a teacher who’s actually good at teaching, has a sensible curriculum, and goes at a pace that works for you (not the easiest to find, but Blender has some good and even free courses available).

What I do after I’ve followed a tutorial, is to give myself “homework” – make a couple of things that are very similar, so it anchors the process more firmly. The trick is to not fall into the “tutorial trap” (where you only follow tutorials), but to go out just a little bit on your own after each lesson. Then on to the next tutorial; rinse, lather, repeat. As time passes and you really comprehend the basics, you will only need tutorials for bits and pieces while largely doing your own projects. This learning path usually means that one probably can’t work right away on the grand projects that one fantasizes about, but doing that too soon, without a firm foundation, can cause a lot of errors, blockage, aggravation and that doesn’t help anything. Better to start simple and slowly build on that; constant positive reinforcement is important for self-study. You’ll get to the big projects eventually, and it won’t be half as frustrating.

3 Likes