My Little Pony

Currently in the works is a My Little Pony VFX video, where a pony randomly appears on the street and begins dancing. I have finished with the modeling and am beginning the rigging; a subject I am not all too familiar with. I’ll post updates as things get finished. Please feel free to critique, ask questions, and tell me what you think! Thank you. :smiley:

Looks good. She seems to have a bit of an underbite though. I assume you’re going to do the eyes via textures, but maybe a slight indentation to help it out would be a good idea? Just a thought. In any case, looks nice.

I took some time yesterday and rigged the pony. The rig is nothing fancy, just 4 IK foot rigs and the reversed hip rig. I’m going to play around with the rig a bit to try making it more of a cartoony rig so the limbs are stretchy. If any of you know of a good tutorial on a rig for a quadruped please let me know. I’ve been looking and haven’t found anything all that helpful.

Thank you inkBot. The entire face doesn’t seem to be accurate at all. I was working from a bad reference. Yes the eyes will be textured on. I tried modeling them and it looked like an alien and I don’t intend to animate them anyway. The indentation is a good idea, thank you.

I’ve finished rigging it and adding custom shapes. The topology wasn’t as good as it should have been which caused a few problems; mainly on the face and back legs. I have a dead line so I can’t go back and fix it like I’d like to.
Tomorrow I start capturing and tracking footage on my Canon 70D.

I am a bit behind. I wanted to finish this Monday and it is now Thursday. I finally got the footage and began tracking it. I realized made a few mistakes getting the footage; the most prominent being the footage didn’t contain enough parallax. The camera needed to be moved around a bit. I was able to track one scene successfully and begin blending things together.

My little sister absolutley loves my little pony. She sais to tell you that this looks “really amazing” lol.

I’ve never seen the my little pony cartoon properly myself, so i can’t really give you any proper input… But if she likes it then it must be good :smiley: