my music

Lassy Folyo. I like that song very much. Listening it is like listening
classical music.

My only complaint with Audacity so far is the Latencey which is plentiful in there.

Bussman is right about having a good preamp, I can bring mine anywhere and sound comparable on my PC, in any amp or even direct and I am just using a MIDI-USB connector.

My GNX4 has Guitar imput, XLR in, Mic in, balanced XLR outs, balanced L & R outs /w speaker comp, and the ability to mix and/or add fx or dry to each individually.

I can sing in my mic and play my axe and record them on thier own tracks in the onboard 8 track recorder or software. It’s sweet, and cheeper than a line6(which was going to be my first choice). Line6 sounds a little “too” solidState for me.

Hey Endi, sorry for another hijack.
This time I’m here with another question.
So, I’ve been looking out for those M-audio Audiophile PCI cards.
And I’m interested in both the 192 and the 2496.
192 seems to have more MIDI, but if I’m only interested in one MIDI in I don’t really care.
The Delta 1010LT is simply too expensive for me.
Good thing is it comes with Ableton Live light for recording.

Anyway, the main issue now is there’s no built-in preamp.
But since I own a Behringer MX1602A mixer, will I still be needing a preamp?
If the answer is compression, that’s no problem.
I can get hold of a whole battery of cheap Polish post WW2 mono compressors :]

If not, I saw the M-audio Audio Buddy which is a very cheap preamp.
Yeah I’m on a tight budget here.

So, am I making the right choices here?
P

The preamp in your mixing desk should be adequate to bring your signal to recording level. A compressor would obviously help keep the dynamic range in check. As always, in a recording chain, you’ll have to mind your gain stages to minimize noise. The Audiophile cards sound great and are well supported on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. You will be doing all the routing of signal through your small mixer since they only have stereo analogue I/O. Good little card for someone overdubbing himself on multiple instruments/voice.

The main differences between the two Audiophiles are that the 192 has a higher top sampling rate and balanced analogue I/O. I would get that one if it’s within your budget.

Have you looked at the Delta 66? It’s not that much more expensive (maybe $20-$40 more than an Audiophile) but offers 4 x 4 balanced analogue I/O. Better for tracking a few instruments at once (May exceed your requirements?) No MIDI though, but your existing soundcard provides that already through it’s Joystick port, no?

Hope I could be of help.