My New Game Project

Umm… I don’t think that has anything to do with anything…

I know the aliens will be small, but I don’t know what you are talking about.

The character you are playing as is only a few inches tall (after he shrinks).

sorry, i feel like a dumbbooty. It probably not be to small if you that small :smiley:

There is a difference between 20cm and 3 inches.

That is beside the point, since the player is not in the aliens perspective.

What is it more like 10 inches?

He did say the player has to shrink down to the aliens size.

Hi all. First off I am very pleased that there’s quite an interest in this project. Just to clarify for everyone; the characters are 200mm high (thats about 8 inches according to Google). Essentially it’s just another fps, but I just like the idea of flying amongst furniture, or through my own house, it’s just a totally different perspective is all. The whole idea I have is that I wanted to create a basic template, with all the models being the same style and perhaps even hosted on a site. Then those people who were interested could ‘build’ their own homes or offices, so you could in Blender build the room, then download the model you want, like a desk, copiers, bookcases ect… set it up more or less as you see it in your own home, then play.

I’ve got loads of models, really a lot, but I’m totally stuck on the texturing. I haven’t got anything new to post, I’m still working on tutorials. Perhaps if there’s iinterest, we could start a project? So give your thoughts.

The textures don’t have to be perfect at first. You can improve them after you get the hang of it.

I’m not sure how much I could contribute, but I will at least be watching this. :wink:

Sorry everyone, feel pretty stupid for doing this, but I’ve decided that before asking for help or starting a open project (is that the right term?) I would rather first get a demo done myself. That way when I ask for help, everyone will hopefully understand what I’m on about. I got a nice long weekend off (the gf off to her mother), so plan to have plenty of progress ready for Monday. So, see everyone soon :slight_smile:

good idea, it will probably give you a better sense of accomplishment as well!

Good luck, and I hope to see much more progress on this soon!