My new website

I’ve noticed that my old website design was a bit bland, so I’ve changed it to be easier to navigate and nicer to look at. You can find it
>> here << . The christmas theme is only temporary, I’ll change it in January.
C&C welcome:)
BTW, remember to turn your sound up (christmassy music!:D).

the music doesn sound christmasy(i know that isnt a word)
check mine out.

It’s alright, but I do have some crits (not to criticize you, but help you improve your site, of course).

One MAJOR crit: place the sound controller somewhere the visitor can immediately see it, or he’ll be turned off by a (possibly) irritating sound he can’t immediately turn off, so he leaves. If you can’t replace it (as in “changing it’s location”), then leave it out.

Once you sort that out, lessen the amount of links in the navigation bar to the left. If necessary, include sub-navigation but 13 items is too much. Try to lessen that to 7 items by creating one link “Gallery” and under that “Vid gallery” and “Img gallery”, Placing “software we use” under the description of the company (which ought to be a separate page, an addition to the info found on the home page), placing the policies separately and removing the “rate the site” and placing it as a nifty java-script so visitor can immediately rate the site instead of having to visit another page. Remember: visitors want it NOW and with ease.

One more crit and then I’ll stop: place the description of what your company and that site is at the top. Visitors won’t care about your guest book, updates or your amount of visitors if they don’t know what the site is about in the first place. Maybe your home page ought to be less packed with all the information you have there, but that’s just my opinion. Visitors are quick to hit the Return button!

I hope I’ve been helpful.

Cheers and good luck with your site!

im sorry to say but noone is going to take a company seriously if their webhost is free webs… is that company even registered as a real thing>

im sorry to say but noone is going to take a company seriously if their webhost is free webs… is that company even registered as a real thing>

No, it’s not actually a real company, it’s just me and a few friends. You may have noticed the things everywhere saying that we’re non-profit, and our name: David’s Random Multimedia, inc.
Anyway, I’m just sorting it out now, I’ll tell you when it’s updated.

the music doesn sound christmasy

What could be christmassier (sorry) than ‘I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day’?

Okay, I’ve cut the main page down to about 3 main sections, and the Navbar down to 7 or 8. I’ve made an ‘about us’ page, but the information wouldn’t fit into the one page without it becoming absolutely massive, so I’ve put links to the existing info pages there. I’ve removed the suggestion box (noticed it’s pretty much the same as the guestbook anyway) and the ‘rate our site’ page (whenever you rate it you have to wait ages for it to add your rating, and it’s too fiddly anyway).
Check it out

The design’s quite nice, similar colours to my own website. Did you do all the divs/css yourself?

Not sure why it’s saying about companies all the time, guess that’s an ongoing joke? :slight_smile:

That header image needs replacing, looks like something made by a 5 year old in mspaint :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure why it’s saying about companies all the time, guess that’s an ongoing joke? :slight_smile:

Yep

That header image needs replacing, looks like something made by a 5 year old in mspaint :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the idea, my logo/tag/random doodle has always looked like that. It’s sort of a joke as well.

Much better, animator. I’m glad my suggestions proved useful.
No more irritating melody ruining MY music :smiley:
If you want to learn about how to design a professional website, go to Your HTML source. That site teaches you about HTML and CSS and other things like lay-out, basic scripting and numerous other articles on how to make your website a lot more pleasing for a visitor who wants to see a professional website. I really recommend it to you!

In the hopes of serving the Blender Artist Community,

Peter

Thanks for the help everyone! I plan to put all my Blender (and Noteworthy Composer) works there, so check it occasionally for updates (there’s a link in my sig).
I may at some point post my own tutorials there (as well as the links page) but first I need to find something I’m actually able to do properly!:smiley:
Also I might modernise my logo with InkScape or something, but for now the MSPaint one is staying:D (It’s not actually MSPaint by the way, I made it with Gimp)
Anyway, thanks for helping me to improve my website:)