My own normal map

I’ve made my own textures on blender itself by putting a grill kind of plane over a normal plane and rendered it into a jpg, each plane in a different shade of colour so the grill stands out. How will I get this to have the same type changeable attributes like voronoi or musgrave and so on. Attributes like iscale, noise size, depth and so on. I want to use it as a bumb map or normal map.
Like the thing on this image

Iwould also like to ask how i would cause an image to glow like its on a tv screen.

Attachments

Well, I’m not sure on the first part of your question, but to get your image to “glow” you should be about to set your material to “emit”. This should give you the effect you are looking for. Also, do a search on “halos” you might find something in there that could give you what you are looking for.

thanks

About the first part of the question what i meant was, how would I make any jpeg images have the attributes of a blender texture which is selected in the shader-texture panels such as voronoi, marble clouds and so on. By attributes I meant the changeable options that come up especially speaking of the noise size and intensity and then causing that image texture to effect the normal of my object

Please help.

I would also like someone to guide me to a good tutorial on how to map textures onto game buildings and objects and how to make them more realistic such as reflection for metal or water transparency and more.

there is no way to do that in the way you describe(except maybe coding a texture plugin). But in the texture panels of the material buttons (F5)you can change how much a texture of any type will affect things like color and normal, as well as scale them on x,y,z indepentantly. For the most flexibility you’ll want to prepare different images for each thing you want to affect(color, normal, spec, dif etc…).
Loads of good tutorials around and wiki.blender.org describes all the various settings.
hope that helps.

can you show a pic of what you mean !

onto the black part on you texture shown in pic

you could make another copy use this as a stencil then after add a procedural texture
to you pic

this shold work

the second stencil act as a mask then the next texture will be only on the white art of the stencil!

Salutations

Thanks.

How would i create diffuse, spec and so on images. for whatever i want.

Can anyone tell me how I would texture cars for bge and make it’s materials more realistic, i’ve seen low poly car models with mapped on texture but yet it looks so real with reflection and more, hows it done. Imean each thing on the car such as the light or window

Please help

Try running a search for car tutorials.
Here’s a link to material resources. Scroll down a little to find the materials.

I haven’t read it, but I see that Blender Magazine Issue 8 is all about cars. You should check it out. Blender Mag

A diffuse map is the plain texture image, and I don’t ever use spec maps…but I do use normal maps (which are pretty much bump maps)

To make normal maps I use a gimp plugin, it takes an image and converts it into a normal map.
In blender you can change the depth/height of the normal map.

You don’t have to use gimp plugins; just bake the normals with a displacing material, and it can be procedural even, you’ll get a nice normal map.

Thanks for your replies.
Can someone give me a basic step by step tip on how to turn any image for a texture into a diffuse, spec normal and whatever else is needed if not all of these just show me the ones that are sufficient enough to make a good enough texture using normal mapping. If it is possible to do this within blender that would be enough.
Thanks in advance.

help help help please

can anyone help out please this thing is confusing

Attach a uv texture and image to the object you wish to map from, go to the rendering panel, and click on the bake tab. There you should see your different baking options.

thank you for that.